Wishing

Wishing

A Poem by KAREN
"

Wishing for something that is no more!!

"

I sat in the sun, wishing that I had the warmth of your arms wrapped around me.

 

I sat in the pouring rain, wishing for the time we were in the steamy shower together.

 

I sat staring at your picture, wishing I had you  here in the flesh.

 

I sat in our favorite restaurant, wishing we were on the dance floor together.

 

I sat listening to our song, wishing for old times .

 

I sat listening to your voice on the answering machine, wishing  that I had you to talk to.

 

I sat watching you with her, wishing it was me.

 

I sat watching you kiss her, wishing you were kissing me.

 

I sat in front of your house watching you and your new family, wishing..............

 

© 2010 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Tell me what you think!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I like it :) Can't wait to read more of your writing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


The feelings are understandable at first, but at some point we must move on...the last two lines crossed the line between normal feelings of loss and obsession. Please note the error in the second to last sentence, should be "wishing you were kissing me".

Posted 13 Years Ago


STALKER!!!!!!
hahahahaha...i think i was the guy across the street staring at his neighbor ....wondering....

Posted 13 Years Ago


The image of someone listening to an old message on an answering machine is pretty powerful-- like listening to someones ghost or the ghost of a relationship. This poem kinda reminds me of the Sting song "Every breath you take"-- especially the final three lines. All around enjoyable read!


Posted 13 Years Ago


awwwwwww sooooo sad I hate that it seems like guys move on so quickly! amazing poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol i love the second line about the shower. very cool

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed this very much. It is a really sad poem because she nmisses him and would do anything to get his love back.
Great Write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have always been the type of person who once a relationship ended, I never looked backed. All my friends will tell you this but inside I felt just like this poem in some levels, I just didn't show it. It is hard when one moves on and finds happiness and the other is still in love with them, wishing things were different. However the character in this one is a little obsessive!! :) and that makes the poem that much for the better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was tragic. A really really sad poem. It made me emotional while reading.

One of my favorites.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 26, 2010
Tags: sun, rain, love, family

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Get Away The Get Away

A Poem by KAREN


Reality Reality

A Poem by Robin


Silver Dove Silver Dove

A Poem by Robin


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robin


Into The Night Into The Night

A Poem by KAREN