Part One

Part One

A Chapter by storm_lover
"

The chapter titles are all rather unoriginal for now..I assume I will fix them at a later date.

"

     A creak reverbrates through the room in which Kaitie slumbers. The creak somehow finds its way into Kaitie's dream, and she tossed fitfully in her sleep. Her dreams have been torturing her for weeks, and tonight is no different.

     A darkness slips around the corner and seems to glare at Kaitie with glistening, beady eyes and sharp fangs dripping with the same darkness that it is made of. Kaitie is a runner, running at least five miles a day, but no amount of running will allow her to escape this monster. It stalks her, tiptoeing on the edge of her vision, disappearing when she turns her head. Should she face this darkness? Will it leave her alone then?

     Another creak, paired with a thump. Kaitie's brow furrows as if by doing so she can shield herself from the noises, and the visions in her head

     The darkness is silently creeping closer. Kaitie can feel its breath on her back, and its fangs nipping at her clothes. She can't face this. Not now, not ever. So, inevitably, she does the one thing she knows she can do: she runs. She runs until sweat pours down her face and back, and her muscles burn with the exertion. She knows she cant outrun it forever..but she has to try.

     A resounding crack splits the silence in Kaitie's room, jolting her awake. She lays in her bed for a moment, her eyes still closed, not willing to face the darkness of her room, fearing that she will see glittering eyes in the shadows. Gritting her teeth, Kaitie snaps her eyes open to see...nothing. A sigh of relief escapes her lips and she swings her legs over the side of her bed so she can find her water bottle.

     Her throat is dry from the running.



© 2012 storm_lover


Author's Note

storm_lover
I think I corrected most of the capitalization and grammar errors, but if you find any more, don't hesitate to let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012


Author

storm_lover
storm_lover

OH



About
I'm a freshman in college who is just trying to make a name for herself. I love to write, I love music, and I care about people way too much. I'm also a tad OCD about the strangest things. Enjoy! -.. more..

Writing
Part Two Part Two

A Chapter by storm_lover