Find it in the Strangest Places

Find it in the Strangest Places

A Poem by Daphne Ballard
"

A poem explaining the strangest affirmations of faith.

"
I felt peace today in the smile of a child.
He looked at me in a quiet way and smiled one of those smiles.
You know the ones. The ones that say children know something we adults have all forgotten.
Pure unadulterated joy at just being. Not bothered by the next best thing or the next hurdle to conquer but simply existing on a plane of homeostasis. Neither needing nor being needed.

I saw faith today in the face of a woman who had lost her keys and prayed for their return so that she could get home. The keys were turned in by a random visitor to the park and the woman looked to the sky and uttered a prayer of thanks. Who else but The Deity could instantly answer such a request?

I heard joy today in the laughter of the babies playing on the swings. The highs and lows, the trills and giggles of the very young. Unabashedly experiencing the thrills of the swing time and again. I had forgotten how to let go and just experience life and let joy happen and today was taught a gentle lesson that it just takes laughter and the courage to let go.

I tasted victory today when I realized, just this moment, that I had learned a valuable lesson. I don't have to make things happen, I just have to pay attention and I'll know it's happening. I can simply experience those things that are going on around me and life will bloom into the richness that lies just beneath the surface. All I really had to do is believe. We don't need the magic feather, we need to simply let go and believe. Believe in something, anything, that gives us hope and the richness of life will unfurl like the sails on a mighty ship in a fair wind and we will rocket ahead on our following seas toward who knows where. The destination doesn't matter, the journey, that's the thing.

© 2012 Daphne Ballard


Author's Note

Daphne Ballard
Mostly it is a journal entry. I wasn't looking for discernible rhyme, syntax, or meter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful message of hope. I like the structure. It is well written and inspiring.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2012

Author

Daphne Ballard
Daphne Ballard

Spring, TX



About
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have been published in the International Poet's Anthology and the Longbow. I am currently working on a Children's book that has a Dr. Seuss feel .. more..

Writing