The path we Must Take

The path we Must Take

A Poem by Olando Lucas

 

 I awaken this morning to the sounds of heaven. So I smiled as if I was transformed back to the tender age of eleven, that is the age that the earth stood still for me, and it was the time my friends and I could drift through the years. I knew at that moment, that this is the day that I have awakened to all of my worldly fears.

Last night I dreamt of the dreams, the dreams of the children that are thought to have no dreams. Last night before I awoke I floated alongside the creatures of the sky; we drifted over the creatures of the seas, these were the creatures that belong to Earth’s atmosphere but not a part of the earth lustful dreams. Then at that instance I past the people belonging to Gods kingdom, and watched them while they traveled a path through the fires. At this moment I could see that they were undisturbed even as the heat from the inferno set their souls on fire. So, I smiled because I didn't know if I should have cried, these were God’s children burning in an earthly fire. These were mothers and fathers walking with their children by their side-they were walking that burning path through Hell just to make it to the other side.

So this morning I awakened refreshed and brand new, the visions of my dream became so true. The people walked that path, but what I didn't realize is no matter how hot the fire they still made it through. That gives me hope that all will come true, and that the path that I walk will be cleared for me to pass through. Although I know that it will not be easy, within me a heavenly soul reside. As I travel this road with my seeds by my side, I will look into my heart and then to the heavens for it to be my guide.

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015