The Knock

The Knock

A Poem by Olando Lucas

 The Knock

It was His knock at my door which awakened me so that I was able to see the quiet storms of my enemies.

Now I am able to be the best that I can be. I am who He wants me to be, but everyday I'm progressing towards theological victory.

I know that I am not the picture of perfection within the eyes of this world, but I know I'm as perfect as God has allowed me to be as of today.  This is my struggle of life living the life that I lead, while not looking towards tomorrow as my gateway to escape today’s suffering.

The good book speaks of things that seem to be archaic at times, such as, do not judge others and to respect one's brother, all the while we are taught that we must love one another.

Only God knows the misinterpretation of His words; some people have turned kings and queens into the nobodies of this world.

People take their redemption as if God has given them the rule book to this life, while they forget their struggles of once before.

They preach as if what you are doing are things that are not right. This is the point I scream “thank you”, but I am not in the mood for this lesson tonight.

As a way to express my pain with this one, they are people of the earth but believe they are people living in the Sun.  

So I scream, “faith, shine on me, don’t let the earthly acidic rain, rain down on me.” I believe that my time has come; now please Jesus, oh Holy One, when you see me, I pray that you will not look my way then run.”

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015