loving deeply

loving deeply

A Poem by onlytemporary

What a burden it is to love so deeply. To open yourself up to anyone that shows you the smallest amount of kindness. Some say they wish they could love like me, and yeah, my love may be unlike any other and I will fill you to the brim with sunlight, so much in fact that people will think the sun itself shines through your mouth whenever you smile and I will plant beautiful flowers in your rib cage so that any time the world leaves you cold you will be reminded that there is still beauty in this life even in the darkest of times. But loving with all that you are leaves room for heartache, because you leave yourself so vulnerable. There is nothing romantic about sweeping up the pieces of my shattered heart every time someone's hands are too shaky to hold it. There is nothing beautiful about laying my head on a tear soaked pillow every night because someone couldn't handle all that I had to give. There is nothing magnificent about being empty because so many people have left with pieces of me in their hands after they left. Nothing feels good about being thrown away like garbage when you just weren't enough for them, but you would've given them the world if they asked.

© 2016 onlytemporary


Author's Note

onlytemporary
ignore grammar problems, this might be a bit sloppy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on October 27, 2016
Last Updated on October 27, 2016
Tags: romance, spoken word, love, ramble

Author

onlytemporary
onlytemporary

SC



About
i will give until im empty and then some more..

Writing