3-14-2016

3-14-2016

A Poem by onlytemporary

I have felt peace and harmony while looking in your eyes. Felt the Earth's rotation slow and time stand still while I lay happily in your arms. I have felt the definite beat in my chest that lets me know that my heart is finally starting up again. Life before you didn't feel like life at all and those tears that fell felt like acid on my cheeks. You hold me close like safety was tangible, like you were holding the word itself in your grasp. I've found meaning in your gaze and purpose in your touch. Before you I felt lost, holding onto the last thread, keeping my feet on the ground. It was tearing and I was losing my grip, I was scared and lost, trying to find something to hold onto. Then, as the sweat coated my palms, and I lost my hold on it all; your hand came through the darkness and grabbed my own. I finally felt the sunshine dance across my cheeks like all of the clouds suddenly disappeared. You are everything that my heart has been starved for all these years. The pieces have finally come together. I finally feel whole.

© 2018 onlytemporary


Author's Note

onlytemporary
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 24, 2018
Tags: romance, love, spoken word

Author

onlytemporary
onlytemporary

SC



About
i will give until im empty and then some more..

Writing