the tapping

the tapping

A Story by sulemasalas
"

this real estate agent doesnt want his clients to know his secret, but will the tapping give him away?

"
I've been a respectable real state agent now for over 25 years so I was not going to let a minor thing get in my way, but I could not help  to hear the tapping sounds coming from basement while showing the house to my clients. Hoping that if I show them the first or the second the attic the tapping will fade but they didn't I tried making noises with pans tap-tap I show my clients the second floor but I could still hear the tap I thought to myself 'can they hear it can the hear the ungodly tapping?' I can see them walking and whispering but what about do they like the home, are they talking about me?, are they talking about the tapping coming from the basement? Making our way up to the attic I can still hear the tapping tap-tap now I know they hear it. I made my way down slowly as I can by explaining minor details on the house like how you can stuff three large bins in the closets giving me enough time so the tapping can go away tap-tap. I even go outside to show my clients the huge backyard that comes with the pool with waterfall still even out here tap-tap I turn on the jacuzzi on high tap-tap. Making our way inside we head to the basement my hands start sweating going down those rickety steps tap-tap the lower we got the louder the tapping got Tap tap. I see my clients looking for the tapping I know once they know the source of the tapping there will be no sale the tapping continue louder and louder tap-tap tap-tap. How can this be? after I rape the girl last night she should not still be alive I know I killed her, I know I bricked and cemented the walls shut TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP. I start sweating my hands get clammy. TAP! I feel a hand on my shoulder I jump "we said "we'll take it; we'll pay cash up front" "well let's start getting ready for the paper work"...I leave the house behind and the terrible tapping.....

Sulema Salas 2010

© 2017 sulemasalas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 6, 2017
Last Updated on August 6, 2017
Tags: horror short

Author

sulemasalas
sulemasalas

el paso, TX



Writing