Almost too late

Almost too late

A Poem by Darkbynight
"

This is about a suicidal girl, obviously... I don't know why I didn't let her kill herself, you can decide the reason

"

She's sick

of this life she's been forced to live.

Stuck

in the world that doesn't have the time to care.

Hurt

by broken promises, empty forevers.

Cut

the knife brought to her wrist, a simpl movement filled with meaning.

Stop,

tears are running down her cheeks.

Look

into the mirror, at the clarity of her reflection.

Realize

how selfish she's being, the people that would hurt.

Contemplate

her mind wondering if she should do it anyway.

Stares

at who she is.

Knows

where she is.

Drops

the knife, letting it clatter on the tile.

Smile

shakily, but stand and walk away from thoughts of heavens she now realizes are fake

© 2011 Darkbynight


Author's Note

Darkbynight
I do belive in heaven, and am slightly religious, but I thought that the fake heavens line wrapped it up nicely :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm absolutely in love with this poem. Excellent(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love it... your a writer that knws what she is tlkin abotu so it seems. and the religious part of the poem did wrap it up nicely... and weather we al;l admit it or not we r religious just a little even nonbelievers or religious and i would know because i have friends like that:( it might not be great but i love them what can i say lol....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love your writing. Please join us at http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago


captivating writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with jessica it isn't heaven as in religion but a heaven as being free from this life in my opinion. I like how she changed her mind and why she changed it. This was an edge type of write. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


When I read it, I interpreted the thoughts of "heavens" as the imagined outcome of the suicide - the "plus side" of death in the mind of the character, if you will. So in choosing not do it, she realized that those images were fake. A good way to wrap it up indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2011

Author

Darkbynight
Darkbynight

In the middle of Yukon and Mustang :), OK



About
I'm Allie :) Most people can't tell by looking at me, but I'm bi :) I'm a really fun person to be with, I'm bouncy, spazzy, and spontaneous. I love to write and read. :) (new age fantasy, anyon.. more..

Writing