Koña Ékoñii

Koña Ékoñii

A Story by JesusRocks!
"

I had written this, and decided to share it with you all! Not one of my best works, but I thought I should at least share something.. I hope you enjoy, and some advice for grammar would be nice.

"
My visit to Koña Ékoñii was a strange one. It had many quick-tempered people who didn't want any part of me; this I learned too well. It was a dusty place, and the sky was rarely ever blue. Though not advanced in architecture, the buildings towered many stories high, and ropes were used to get into the other levels. 

When I arrived, I parked my car in some grass and saw a boy who was selling tomatoes. I walked up to him and smiled, but he frowned at me and said: "Yäck Sheima!"

Then it hit me -- they didn't speak English! What, then, could I do but return this remark?

"Yäck Sheima!" Said I, smiling again.

At this the boy grabbed a tomato and hurled it at me, but it missed and rolled onto the grass. Surprised, I looked back at the tomato, and looking back again got nailed right in the face. In dismay, I ran off behind a sign, wondering what it was that I had told him.

At length I decided to see if I could find a place to stay, or a place where  I could get some food. I definitely wasn't hungry for tomatoes! 

I found a place that seemed to be a sort of shop, and stepped in.

"Lema!" said a man. He seemed to be  greeting me, and he had a friendly smile on his face.

I decided to just smile and wave my hand. I looked around. Behold! It was a store, indeed! There were shelves and barrals of fruits and vegetables, and the man who greeted me was the cashier.

I picked out a few odd melons to try, a loaf of bread, and a few oranges and placed them in a bag. When I walked up to the counter, I held out a twenty dollar bill, wondering if he'd take it. He looked through what I had picked out, and took the twenty with a keen look on his face, motioning that I was good to go. There was no way what I had was worth that much! But what could I do?

"Bye", I said, as I started to walk out. 

Unfortunately, "Bye" must be some terrible swear word in their language, or maybe even a word of heresy!

As my glance left the man, a terrible fire came into his eyes.

"Eima! Eima!" He shouted, and men from an upper flour swung down the ropes.

Dropping everything, I ran out and behind the building and started dashing to my car. It wasn't until I was a few yards from safety when they spotted me again. Fortunately for me, I had a great lead, and rode far away from Koña Ékoñii!

THE END!

© 2017 JesusRocks!


Author's Note

JesusRocks!
It would be cool if you could tell me if Ékoñii would actually be pronounced as Ai-CON-ñi, which is what I'm aiming for. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written! 10/10!

Posted 6 Years Ago


JesusRocks!

6 Years Ago

Thanks! Short and simple story

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on April 26, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017