Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Annabel Lee

She was floating.
Nowhere, nowhere possible anyways; but it was, and that was the problem. She had no shadow to deliquesce into the white blank space, no floor on which to rest her feet. And no doors... no doors this time, no way out. She spoke, but the words would not escape. The sound seemed to be gone as well, here. She waggled her fingers about. The air around them felt almost lighter than normal. She attempted to walk, and her legs simply bicycled about. 
"Think, think!" She said to herself. "Imagine... imagine...-" But she could think of nothing. Everything was erased, now, as she was in her own world. 
  Suddenly, there was a sucking from above.
  It played with her hair, twisting it around. It chilled her skin and then played though the goosebumps it produced. It tugged, at first lazily, and then more intently, at her clothing. Her scarf unraveled and touseled her hair even more. Her necklace lifted itself from around her throat. Her feet were slowly rising, and the floating was through now. Now, it was a tornado of power. She took one last look at the wasteland before her, and stared up into the abyss. 
   It was massive. It was everything being sucked into nothing. It was playing across the whites of her eyes. It was swimming through her mind. 
   What had she done?
   What had she done?
   What hadn't she done?....


© 2011 Annabel Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011


Author

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Indianapolis, IN



About
i write short stories and poems and junk i draw occasionally and like music and webcomics and cartoons i'm 15 and forget what people put in these boxes more..

Writing
Ganger Ganger

A Poem by Annabel Lee