What the fuss over 11/11/11?

What the fuss over 11/11/11?

A Story by Swateek
"

words that came out of my heart...

"

Last night just after midnight, my phone beeped up with a message…”Happy 11.11.11”, I was amused.

 

Come on, I know that the next day was the 11th day of November, yet why such a message? I do receive and send good morning messages to friends at around midnight, afternoon, evening, etc to have fun or wake up some sleepy head in class. But sending out a ‘happy date’, was happening for the first time in my ‘sms-life’ story (yeah! love-life, after-life, etc and people these days literally live in the sms world).

 

I agree that the combination of 1’s are unique and happens once in every 100 years. But whatever be the arguments put to it, its nothing but just a date like any other in the calendar. For people who love numbers, they find it less painful to remember such a thing and they would certainly do something important to remember through out their life. But on the other hand, when u hate mathematics and you want to wake up and just live the next day as its previous, then you are in the right mood to receive this day.

 

Craziness has seen its height with modern day man, people going crazy for this one day. Marriage halls booked for events, banks opening 111 branches, some Indian actress promised to deliver her baby today, facebook pages flooding with ‘make-a-wish’ events, status updates making today a great day,etc.

 

But if today were a great day in the diary of the century, then what happened on 11.11.11 in the 20th century? 19th century?? Does anyone remember? If we think over these things on a broader scale, we just find our ancestors and forefathers were much knowledgeable and logical than us, those who believed in hardwork, sincerity and dedication rather than numerology, dates and what not!

 

When the calendar was made, man never picked an elder day or a younger one. Perhaps, the most intelligent thing man could have ever done was this. It was a coincidence may be, but yes no day is younger or older and that is what makes man looks to every day with a new energy, a new hope.

 

Its not what we will change in a day, it is the change we bring about in our lives, in life of others that counts at the end. The spark within us must be re-kindled everyday in a new light, and when this happens no one can stop in making the world a beautiful place to live.

 

The World is changing, where are you? How are you changing it??

 

 

- Swateek Jena

© 2011 Swateek


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011

Author

Swateek
Swateek

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India



About
A technical student of engineering but have learnt appreciating literature since. I love writing articles, poems and other creative works for fun and making readers happy. Love, Friendship and Hap.. more..

Writing