Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by MadamPleasure
"

This is how it began, my life, my purpose.

"

7.30am

     I could feel the vibration under my pillow, I reached for the phone and squinted, "Morning gorgeous, happy anniversary, I'll see you tonight!" I smiled, my boyfriend, Adam, and I had been together for eighteen months, he always like to do something special for our monthly anniversary. 
     I hate being up this early, I didn't need to be up for at least another hour but it was worth it to talk to Adam for an extra hour in the day. He was the most perfect guy for me, he never hurt me like so many of my exes and I loved him with everything I had.

9am

   
All too soon I had to get up and get myself ready for my law lecture. Don't get me wrong, I love law, but these things really drag. I pulled my hair up into a tidy ballet bun and donned on my favourite cream silk shirt and black pencil skirt. I know it sounds professional but I like to be in good practice for when I begin my career in the legal world.

11.30am

     Lecture on Libeal and the Social Media in the UK. So I know I said that these things really drag but that was a really fascinating lecture to sit in on. It's surprising how many people post jokes on social networks and not realise that they can actually be prosecuted for doing as such.

1.30pm

    
Adam picked me up after my lecture in his car. I liked it when he picked me up, I always liked the opportunities to talk privately that it presented. We drove down to the cinema and collected the tickets for the movie that we were going to see.
     It was raining so there wasn't really anything we could do besides sit in the car and talk for a couple of hours before the movie. Times that were just spent entirely in each others company without a care in the world were always my favourite. We could just talk about anything with each other, we could laugh, we could cry, or just sit there in silence.

7.55pm

     As we made our way to the car from the cinema I felt like everything that had troubled us over the past few months had been left behind us, that we were on our way to better things now and that everything would be just fine. Despite the awful weather I'd had a really nice time out with my sweet ginger boyfriend and I never wanted the moment to end.
     The drive home was filled with light-hearted chatter and laughter, as well as kisses at traffic lights. It really felt like things were on the right path.

8.45pm

    
We parked around the corner from my house to talk a little before he dropped me home. I think summer always makes it harder to say goodbye because it's still broad daylight outside and it doesn't feel like it's time to go. We were sat talking, reminiscing about our first date and sharing private jokes. We were in our own private world when she appeared.
"Adam! You're here early." She exclaimed with a heavy accent. I looked her up and down, she was African Caribbean in culture and couldn't have been more than fifteen years old. And yet she was dressed as though she was working in a strip club. I eyed Adam with suspicion as she stood hovering at the passenger door.
"Who is she?" I questioned, my heart beating so loudly I'd swear they both could hear it.
"She's nobody Jenna." He spoke his words without emotion, carefully avoiding my accusing gaze.
"Look Adam, you can either explain what the f**k is going on here or I can start removing your balls with my finger nails." I spoke calmly, looking back I don't understand how I managed to remain so calm when deep down I knew what he was going to tell me.
"Jenna, this is Bryah. Bryah is my friend. I pick her up every Sunday after I drop you at home and she spends the night at mine with me. I pay her for her, erm, company." He said the words as if they meant nothing to him. She stood there and smiled like she had won some sort of competition and I just wanted to smack that smug look off her trashy little face.
"You mean she's a prostitute?" I questioned, anger burning in my throat.
"Well, yes." He answered. That was it, I'd heard enough. I reached into my bag and grabbed my pen knife. Without a moments hesitation I opened the passenger door, concealing the knife under my sleeve, and got out. Waiting for Bryah to get in. As she moved towards the car, I spun around and slowly dragged my knife across her throat. Adam's face as I dragged the knife across the s**t's face was priceless, a mixture of shock and fear. It's one I will never forget because I imortalised it when I stabbed him in the neck and left him for dead.

     That was the first time I'd ever killed anyone, and it was the beginning and an end. The beginning of a new path that my life would take, and the end of everything as I knew it.



© 2013 MadamPleasure


Author's Note

MadamPleasure
This needs a lot of work, mainly because I feel like it doesn't flow, or maybe I'm just over-analysing. I'm not really sure but any pointers that anyone could give me here would be greatly appreciated. As I said in the note of the book I'm completely in love with my idea just struggling to form it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013


Author

MadamPleasure
MadamPleasure

Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
I am MadamPleasure, I will tease your senses and ensnare your soul.. Happy reading my beasts. more..

Writing