In The Dark of the Night

In The Dark of the Night

A Chapter by Victoria Magana
"

Chapter one and all is normal...

"


     Celestial Sorenson looked out over her porch railing, her crystal green eyes sliding in and out of focus as she watched each droplet of rain fall past her face. She sighed and looked down at her long fingers, a slight smile touching her lips.
“Those are piano fingers, Celey! Maybe you’ll be like me!” Her voice echoed through her head like the soft toll of a bell.
Tears welled up in Celesti’s eyes and she rested her head on her crossed arms. She missed her sister so much, it hurt to just think about her.
"Can't get too down today..." She told herself firmly straightening up and shaking back her long black hair, while wiping her eyes.Celesti returned to the porch swing where her backpack sat and picked it up, swinging it over her shoulder. She knew that this was going to be a very bad day. It was raining so of course it would be. Then again this was Seattle, therefore the way her life went was pretty obvious.
     When Celesti was 10 years old, her 18-year-old sister, Samara Sorenson was off at college in Europe, when suddenly, she stopped calling home every weekend, stopped e-mailing, nothing was seen noe heard form her. She disappeared off the face of the Earth. And ever since then, Celesti's parents were looking for her now 24-year-old elder sibling. To top it all off, Celesti's stepfather Alan Joseph, made Celesti feel like it was all her fault that her sister was gone. And because her sister was gone this also ment that Celesti had to take up Samara's "place" in the home. Tala Sorenson-Joseph, Celesti's kind hearted mother, was constantly not home due to her line of work. Tala worked in a DA's office and was often out of town on business. So...when Tala wasn't home, Samara had to play "mother/wife" and perform her wifely duties. But now that Samara was gone...the task fell on Celesti.
     But she did her best to not think about that. If she did her friend's would notice and pry and ask all kinds of uncomfortable questions and she'd talk, sending her homelife spiralling downward and she just didn't need that right now. Celesti descended the stairs leading away from her house to the worn dirt-now mud- path and started on her way to school. She opened her umbrella as she walked, not really mind the rain, but she could NOT chance getting sick. Godforbid!
She sighed as she got to the main road and waited for a moment. Right on time a silver Lexus pulled up and the driver door opened. It was Misha Akita , her best friend whom she loved and cared about very much.
"Hey there Lesti. How's your morning been?" Misha asked smiling.
     Misha was a Japanese-American. Surprisingly, she was quite tall for her ethnicity.
 



© 2008 Victoria Magana


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

177 Views
Added on February 7, 2008


Author

Victoria Magana
Victoria Magana

Everett, WA



About
Goodness I need a new description, but what do I write.... more..

Writing