A jaded heart realizes it's falling in love again....

A jaded heart realizes it's falling in love again....

A Story by sydel-amesthyst
"

Description of the process in which love happens. [love is lost-> hearts are broken-> experiences are re-defined -> anger cleanses -> hope returns -> hearts are mended -> love is found again.] <3

"

The phoenix known as hope arises from the ashes once more… unexpected and with a flame brighter than before. With each resurrection it takes on a new form, only the eyes distinguishing it for who and what you already know it to be. Burning with the promise of new knowledge, revived pleasure and future pain. It’s in that moment that your heart makes a decision and the only option available is to follow it - willingly or not. Logic plays no part in the process for logic was lost when you were left behind.

 

Broken on the ground the fallen angel lies face down in the dirt. One broken black wing stretched in an impossible angle in the wrong direction while the white wing protrudes just slightly over her head where it ends abruptly - splintered bone stained red with the memory of the attack. Near unconsciousness, the promise of end the only comfort to be found.

 

Abandoned on a purple moon overlooking the world where dreams were once formed and then destroyed. A world she failed to protect…. Chained by heavy links of rusted iron, kept grounded in this desolate place she now calls home. Despair brought her insanity and eventually insanity brought her silence. A silence so profound it let her hear the cries of others far off who shared the same pain yet still found strength to fight. Bleeding wrists, dislocated joints jarring against their imprisonments as they reached for shattered swords and dented shields left mockingly out of reach.

 

Eventually the solitude brought her hatred. A welcome warmth for her frozen soul it beckoned her to try again…. Over and over again. Her broken wing sending jolts of agony through her body as it moved unbidden through her struggle. Healed wounds re-opened in remembrance and the blood that flowed and spilt upon the ground cleansed her resolve. Over and over again she tried to free herself.  Until her arm hung broken by her side along with her wing and her body bruised- fell again, face down into the dirt.

 

Time turned irrelevant. The blackness infecting her heart ate away the loss, devouring everything she had guarded so fiercely. Letting go was the hardest battle she ever fought.  Accepting defeat completely: the key to unlocking the bindings in which desperation had captured her in that storm formed from chaos.

 

Woken by the soft drizzle of rain that quenched the dry earth beneath her fragile body she opened her eyes to the stars above. Thousands of sparkling lights against a darkness so pure - hope enough to represent endless possibilities. Pain a dull throbbing in the recesses of her thoughts, finally numb from the self inflicted torture she resolved enough energy to stand.  As her body stretched towards the sky her breath caught as her shadow lengthened away from her, the first form of a mirror in which she saw her new reflection.

 

Confused beyond a doubt by the second shadow overlapping her own… with which she had an instant to take flight or prepare for impact. A decision controlled by the heart and set into motion by forces unknown.

 

In that instant: my heart smiled, hope kept me grounded and I collectively thought “F**K…..”

 

© 2012 sydel-amesthyst


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nicely poetic! I enjoyed reading this. I love the ending too! lol

The picture was cool. Its funny....i know someonw from Gilbert AZ. how strange....

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2012
Tags: Broken Heart; Hope

Author

sydel-amesthyst
sydel-amesthyst

Gilbert, AZ



About
I love chocolate covered strawberries. *Om Nom Nom* 26 years old I work and go to school full time. I want to move to Oregon oh soo much. I love reading Fantasy novels and my main goal i.. more..

Writing