01. Heading Off

01. Heading Off

A Chapter by take my hand and lead me away,

"Hmpt."

I slouched down in the backseat, crossing my arms, frowning at the boy who just had to get shotgun. "I called it! You all heard me, even you, Erin," Chase said, yelling at me as Max and him stuffed the rest of our bags in the trunk of the car.

"Chase, why do you even want to sit in the front? Max isn't driving, Harkins said only she can drive her car. Let me sit up front!"

I turned around to look at him, attempting to persuade him with the famous puppy-dog look. It didn't work, it never does with Chase. I can get by with it with everyone else, except for him. He knows me too much to fall for the tricks I have up my sleeves.

"I'm not buying that, you can get it on the way back., he said, hopping in the trunk while Max closed it and went around to get in the backseat besides me. Chase climbed into the middle of us, patted me on the top of my head, and jumped up into the passenger seat, hitting Harkins' head in the progress.

"REALLY? WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT CLIMBING ALL OVER THE F*****G SEATS? YOU'RE SHOES ARE GOING TO GET DIRT ALL OVER THEM, I CARE ABOUT MY CAR UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE, YOU CAN'T JUST -"

Harkins' rant was cut off by Chase placin a hand over her mouth. She continued on rambling, still, but we couldn't understand her. Chase and Harkins were known by their fights, even though they were best friends. Max and I were used to it by now, that it seemed like a normal thing. We just ignored it, with Max messing around with his hoodie and I was digging around my bag for the book I was planning on reading for the trip.

"You know, H, you really need to learn to let your childish side come out. It might really help some of that anger built inside of you." Harkins glared at him, which made Chase smirk and remove his hand from covering her mouth.

"Call me H one more time and you'll see all of that anger inside of me," she whispered, taking the gear out of park and into reverse. We pulled out of the driveway of my house, a place I will not be seeing for quite a while.

Max looked over at me, raised his eyebrows, then he took out his iPod and handed an earphone over to me. Which I then placed into my ear, because listening to music is much better than listening to them argue. I buckled up and placed my legs up on the seat, laying them across Max's lap and leaning against the car door.

We were on our way to start our vacation. It was the summer time and we had just graduated from high school. We were heading out to Max's parent's vacation house in California, where we will be spending our entire summer vacation until we all go off to college.

This will be the last time we will be able to spend time together, the last time we can act like teenagers together. Who knows what's going to happen, but we do know that we're bound to make a mess.


© 2011 take my hand and lead me away,


Author's Note

take my hand and lead me away,
Please ignore any grammar problems, not very good in that area. Tell me what you think, how you think I should change things and what you think about the characters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011


Author

take my hand and lead me away,
take my hand and lead me away,

Lubbock, TX



About
i usually write to get away from life for a while, to let me write down what i feel. don't be afraid to ask me to read something of yours or talk to you, i'd love to. new at this. stories will come.. more..

Writing