Evander's Confrontation

Evander's Confrontation

A Story by Møssy Vibes
"

Evander threatens Bezel and Cabbage's lives.

"

“My people are miners. My people live in the caves of Mount Err. My people do everything in their power to bring the stone and ores and jewels that the kingdom of [??] needs. That is what our place in the world is.” Evander stepped forward. Cabbage stepped back. 


“Then why would you change that? Weren’t you happy?” Cabbage whimpered, fumbling for their dagger. 


“I DIDN’T CHOOSE THIS!” Evander’s face twisted with rage and disgust. “Do you really think I would rather be a hunter?!” 


Cabbage’s voice was almost silent. “Then why did you change..?”


His palms glowed blue, casting awkward shadows around his small frame. The magic made Cabbage’s stomach churn. 


“The Princesses drove us out.” His lip curled and he advanced. “The Princesses decided we weren’t useful enough and drove us from our homes. The only reason I am a hunter is to get. My. Home. Back.”


Cabbage’s hand trembled, and they slowly unsheathed their weapon. They backed up into a tree with a soft thud, breath catching. “Evander, you don’t need to do this.”


His magic glowed brighter, all expression evaporating from his face. “Oh yeah, you’re right. The wizard’s bounty did say ‘alive or dead’, didn’t it?” He raised a hand, pointing vaguely in Cabbage’s direction. “And I guess I only need the wizard to accomplish my goal….. But here’s the thing.”


Evander took another step. “I do only need the wizard. But you… you make me sick.” The wind whistled past Cabbage’s cheeks, chilling them to the bone. Evander’s magic pulsed and throbbed with shots of white as it expanded, flowing across his body and through the glade. The trees shook, shadows from the bright glow dancing in the steady heartbeat. “You make me want to die.” He took one more step, face to face with them.


“I want to kill you.

© 2021 Møssy Vibes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on January 31, 2021
Last Updated on January 31, 2021
Tags: fantasy, practice, test, first post, moss tales

Author

Møssy Vibes
Møssy Vibes

IN



About
I'm a dumb child, can't touch-type, and head empty. No thoughts. Only my handful of stupid characters and no place to put them. I'm an artist, writer, and (learning) game designer. Just here to vibe :.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Møssy Vibes