The thing that took my worries away

The thing that took my worries away

A Story by tanner brumbach
"

scary

"
Hello, this is.... never mind you don't need to know who I am. I am writing this to face what is surely the most scariest moment of my life. When I was six I had a very hard time at home. I was adopted by a man named Mr.Gutherie he was a tall chubby man with many anger issues but was able to hide them in public which is how he was able to gain custody of me. When I was younger he never really spoke to me but as I became older he started taking his anger out on me. He would come home from work and scream at me. It got even worse as time progressed. He began to hit me and take food from me so I would starve. He would restrict food from me for weeks. Then one day he came home and he told me to go in my room and that he would be right with me, I was scared so I went in my room with no delay. In my room I could hear him drag something into the house. It sounded like a human corpse being drug on the ground with the sound of cracking bones and flesh tearing. When he finnaly reached my door I could see blood dripping from his every limb and his face for covered in blood. He through a bag on my floor and demanded that I open it. The smell of the bag was awful, like burning flesh and stomach bio. I opened it and it was a dead child covered in maggots with his eyes missing. He then started lighting candles and speaking in an ancient disturbing language. I ran out of the room through up and passed out. I woke up the next day and he was at work. I decided finally that maybe if I prayed it would help so I started to pray every day, but not to god like a christian would. I prayed to anything that would listen, and I prayed for my fathers death. This went on for weeks and it seemed like nothing was working. Then finally I woke up one night and decided to get a drink of water. On my way to the bathroom I heard a loud ripping sound and it was coming from my kitchen. I started walking towards it and was hoping it wasn't my dad with another dead body. When I reached the kitchen door I could see a trail of blood leading from my feet to the freakish unholy scene before me. My father was lying on the floor and standing over him was a black being with angel like wings extending from its back. It didn't even look in my direction, it was too busy eating the organs of my dead father.The same smell from the bag hit my nostrils, I stumbled back, and knocked over a plate with a loud "crash". It didn't seem to startle the creature but it was aware of me now. It looked up and my heart felt as if it stopped beating. I was sure that thing was going to kill me.... but then it did the unthinkable. It smiled at me... smiled wide with blood dripping from its mouth and huge eyes as black as ink. It was silent at first but then it spoke, it told me I was free but he would always be around. It started walking towards me and the closer it got the more dizzy I became. He was a foot from me and I fainted. I later woke up in a hospital with a woman in a suit in the room looking at me. I asked her what happened and where my father was and she teared up and told me he had a little "accident" and was in a better place. She told me that I still needed a guardian since I was a minor and needed supervision and guidance so I were to be placed with a new family. When I got better I met my new "parents" and "brother" they were very nice and till now I have never been happier to have a normal functioning family, but ever since that day I have never shook the feeling that I am being watched by the creature. Honestly I am happy that thing came into my life when it did and some times I even catch what looks like it standing in the corner of my eye watching my every move.

© 2013 tanner brumbach


Author's Note

tanner brumbach
I hope you like my story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah, I liked your story. Good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A good tale and some excellent ideas. Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: death, scary, creature, memory, blood, guts, organs, father, family, adoption

Author

tanner brumbach
tanner brumbach

Stratford, NJ



About
Hey, my name is Tanner, and I joined Writer's Cafe to share my writing with other people. I don't really write often, but when I do, it tends to be random. I love to write and read scary stories, an.. more..

Writing
Reborn Reborn

A Story by tanner brumbach