chapter  five

chapter five

A Chapter by tanya

KIM

We entered the party holding hands when I suddenly realized people may think of us as a couple. i released my hand from his and he looked down at me and smiled.

“hey hunter! You dick! Whos the babe here?” a guy with long blonde hair and an athletes bodycame upto us high fiving hunter.

“brett. This is kim. Kim this is the animal I was talking about” hunter tried to sound stern but his friendship was evident .

I smiled at brett “hello brett” I said leqving it at that. I was never resally good with people.

Brett walked us around the party and introduced us to his friends from work. While hunter walked besides me with a reassuring hand on my waist. One thing was evident. These people were older than me. They were atleast above the age of 25.  I wasn’t used to parties let alone with a bunch of 25 year olds.

“These people must be Brett’s workmates right?” I asked once we were seated at the bar. Hunter ordered 2 vodka shots.

“Oh I’m sorry. I don’t drink” I said, declining the drink he offered.

“Oh. You don’t? that’s all right. What will you like  to have?”

“Umm. Anything from the non-alcoholic section”

He looked at me for a second before ordering something I didn’t hear before I realized….

“Hey hunter, I’ve got to tell you this. I mean I don’t want to sound rude or anything...”

He leaned closer to me his face close to mine as he traced my cheek with  his fingers “you don’t have to worry Kim, you can tell me me whatever you want”

I looked up into his eyes. They were so green.

“umm. You need to know that I’m 18 “

He looked at me for a second blinking the information in before suddenly taking two steps back. “You’re only 18?oh my god !  I should have known! Kim! I’m 32! “

I looked at him for a second letting the shock seize me  hes 32? He doesn’t look a day older than 20!

“Listen, hunter...”

“no. this is a big mistake. I need to take you back home. Let’s go. “

Je grabbed me by my arm , a little too hard, as we walked out into the parking lot. He opened the door and I stepped in. I didn’t even realize I had tears running down my face. God.  I wanted to tell him that for me it didn’t matter. That I don’t care he is 32. I don’t care we have a 14 year age gap. It didn’t matter! But apparently for him it did!

We drove in silence and I did my best to stop the tears from flowing but I couldn’t. I had known this man for 24 hours and he had the power to affect me to this extent.

 

                              HUNTER

I drove in silence, angry with myself. How could I do this. She was only 18! How could I npt realize that! Now that I actualy saw her. She looked so young. Knowing that I was about to kiss her scared me. I’m 32 years olds for f***s sake! she has her whole life ahead of her. She has to meet the guy she’s going to spend the rest of her life with. Nut god! Knowing that she was only 18 made me wish I could just wrap her in my arms and protect her from any harm that comes her way. Uhh. I had to stop thinking about her!

I stopped the car in front of her gate

“Hunter i...”

I raised my hand hoping she’d stop speaking. Even her voice was causing pain and realization of the fact that I couldn’t have her

She slowly turned and got out of the car. I waited until she was inside before driving into my garage next door. I was fully aware of the sleepless night ahead

 

 

                             KIM                            

I lightly tiptoed onto the front porch hoping o wouldn’t wake my dad up. I couldn’t have him look at me like this. Look at me with tears streaming down my face.

I walked in and suddenly the lights turned on. My dad was sitting on the couch when he saw my teary face. He just got up and walked over to me before taking me in his arms and hugging me. And for the first time I let him. And it felt like  the safest place to be.                                   

 



© 2014 tanya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: romance, summer love, first love, true love, love, first kiss


Author

tanya
tanya

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by tanya


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by tanya


chapter three chapter three

A Chapter by tanya