Sujet Libre

Sujet Libre

A by d. c. smith
"

5/13/09

"

I haven't written in forever -- not literally. I don't know if there is even a literal forever. But at any rate, I haven't written in a very long time -- aside from the poems here and there, just to get me by and by. I guess I've been busy. Busy being unbusy, I guess.

 

I can't seem to connect with too much Eighties music. Or even that Seventies disco-fever sound. What's it to me, man? How does going out on a Saturday night to jive and boogie on a flashing tile floor hit me, man? To each his own, I guess. Clichés. They can get so annoying.

 

Bouteille -- I think that's how you spell it. Yeah, we learned how to say "bottle" in French today. I want a bouteille. But not one filled with rum, to drink or anything. I want to squeeze into a bouteille. To commandeer -- I think that's how you spell it -- a bouteille.

    

     I haven't been on too many islands, I guess.

© 2009 d. c. smith


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. this is great. i really enjoyed this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a very interesting piece. You have a very unique style of prose. The internal conversation was crisp and easy to follow....funny too. The underlying apathy you express makes this, to me, a very good example of "Pop Prose" touching on the thoughts of a current, intelligent, young mind that is engaged, but unexcited. Many young people today are inundated with massive amounts of stimuli, compared to us older folks, but somehow still seem so bored.

Nice capture of the current mind of youth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You won't be very helpful on Survival Island if you're cooped up in a bouteille. Mme. will have to join us and sing you out, in French of course.




Aside from that? Your writing sounds like you. And that's probably the best kind of writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You're correct ;)
bouteille, and I like your title
because writing can be the most fun when its just writing freeee!
though whenever I do that it seems to become a diary
keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2009
Last Updated on May 13, 2009

Author

d. c. smith
d. c. smith

About
i write. ? more..

Writing
- -

A Poem by d. c. smith