oh Judas.

oh Judas.

A Poem by tarasov
"

this may be a little wierd for some people because it's religous but it's about jesus' betrayer basicly asking why he killed himeself when he could have had forgiveness...

"

Oh! Judas why did you do it?
       Was he not good to you?
             Did he not wash your feet?

Oh! Judas why did you do it?
      Was it worth it?
Was thirty pieces of silver enough to justify what you did?

Oh! Judas why did you do it?
      Did you not love him?
           Why would you betray the LORD with a kiss?

Oh! Judas why did you do it?
      Were thing so bad?
             Did that rope fix your problems?

Oh! Judas why did you do it?
     Why?
            Did you do it?


OH! Judas!

© 2008 tarasov


Author's Note

tarasov
ignore grammer. doesthe last four lines make sence?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is really good. Being a Christian I definitely understand and enjoy it. You did a great job bringing up the points that many forget to ponder.

Posted 15 Years Ago


why he betrayed Jesus wasn't really the question i was asking here...i know it's what had to happen and satan overtook his body. the question was why he killed hmself when he could have been forgiven. I'm sure even if he hadn't betray Jesus it would have been fullfiled some how. anyway..,thats al i wanted to say because a lot of people seem to think i'm asking why he had to betray Jesus not why he killed himself. hope you liked it anyway.
Tarasov

Posted 15 Years Ago


God made him do it. If not, how would the reason for Christs' coming be fulfilled. I don't necessarily believe that, but that is one way to view it. The idea of trying to guess why he did it is impossible at this point. But it is a good question none-the-less.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i don't believe the religious aspect is a myth.
but i'm not gonna pick a fight on the computer; it's lame.

i loved it! i've read this before, when you first wrote it, and i loved it then, too.
the only part that didn't make complete sense was the next-to-last "did you do it?"
i know... you probably meant for there to be a pause, like "why... did you do it?"
it might be a tiny bit confusing... but i don't think it deserves the death penalty. =]

- hershey's kiss

Posted 15 Years Ago


The whole poem makes sense in the context of religious myth.But was not Judas intended to betray jesus or the whole basis of christianity would not have come about

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2008

Author

tarasov
tarasov

About
I write poetry and dabble in short stories. I'm 17 and have been writing for as long as i can remember :D i live in a small town in the U.S. i love ART and music; Drama and theater. mostly i love expr.. more..

Writing
WW1 WW1

A Poem by tarasov


Boris can fly Boris can fly

A Story by tarasov