i need to know. ( a letter to GOD)

i need to know. ( a letter to GOD)

A Poem by tarasov
"

I'm not sure this can really be called a poem... more like a crying out...i guess. so a friend suggested that it's really more of a letter.. and it is. but there's no letter category...

"

I need to know, that I can still love You.

That I won’t walk away when things get tough.

 

I think that knowing You’re with me should be enough but I need to feel  You too.

When I listen for Your voice I can’t seem to find it anymore.

 

And I can’t feel Your touch, what it’s like to simply be in awe of You.

And what if I never know again. What if this is a passion I’ve never known.

 

Sometimes I think I hear You, but I’m feeling so far from You, I don’t know what to do.

My whole life has been about You. I listen to people talk about You. Tell me how much You love them.

 

But do You still love me?

Do I still love You?

 

I need You more than ever, but I still rely on myself.

 

 How can I surrender?

How can I be broken?

 

I want to break down, scream out!

Do something! Just to feel again…to need You again.

 

But if I only need You, how can I ever want You?

Somehow when I say your name, it’s not the same…GOD.

 

Jesus, Christ, LORD, Jehovah, Prince of Peace! ANYTHING!

 

Nothing. I know I know You. But I need to feel You.

I want me to want You!

 

And maybe I’m way off the mark; maybe I’m missing the point.

 But what can I do, I cry out to you.  But still I’m numb. I write to You, I listen for You…

Where are You!

 

Maybe it’s not You.. Maybe it’s me.

 

Help me! Do not turn Your back to me!  I serve You, only You. I praise You, only You.

Be My GOD, Be my life, my cornerstone, my all in all, the calmer of my storm, My Jesus, My ANYTHING!

 

 

 LOVE ME!!!

 

© 2008 tarasov


Author's Note

tarasov
Ignore grammar! does this seem like a poem? does it flow? does it jump around to much? is this to many questions? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think it's maybe a little too... "panicky" at the end... but i wouldn't change it. i dunno that sounds weird x]
anyway i know this is God speaking to my heart at this moment. and... i'm glad.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Some people seem to have a harder time trying to communicate or be in touch with God. I guess that answeres or does things in his own time frame. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2008
Last Updated on November 11, 2008

Author

tarasov
tarasov

About
I write poetry and dabble in short stories. I'm 17 and have been writing for as long as i can remember :D i live in a small town in the U.S. i love ART and music; Drama and theater. mostly i love expr.. more..

Writing
WW1 WW1

A Poem by tarasov


Boris can fly Boris can fly

A Story by tarasov