Magnificent, marvelous, masterly, and majestic.

Magnificent, marvelous, masterly, and majestic.

A Chapter by Ilideal
"

THUMP THUMP. Grime immediately got out of bed in a fit of anger and went straight to the door to see what was going on. But when he reached outside, all of his anger was washed away.

"

Grime was not tired.  He had went through 5,475 nights (another thing he had counted), and slept through every single one of them.  But that night, Grime was not tired, and instead of sleeping, he was tossing and turning about his cot in a fit of energy.  “This way isn’t comfortable”, he thought, “and this way isn’t either”.  He was anything but ready for bed.  He took a look at Filth, on the other side of the room, slumbering peacefully with a great big smile on his face.  Contradicting what I have said in the previous chapter, humans can think, but only when they’re sleeping.  Even the Despot-Hominids know you can’t control your dreams, so why would they punish you for them?  So that’s why a human’s favorite part of their day is when they’re sleeping.

            THUMP THUMP, was the noise outside, and Grime sprung up jolted when he heard it.  Filth though, was still asleep.  Grime sat for a moment, quite worried, but then he brushed it off.  He settled back in to his cot and closed his eyes when suddenly… THUMP THUMP.  Grime immediately got out of bed in a fit of anger and went straight to the door to see what was going on.  But when he reached outside, all of his anger was washed away.  There was so many colors circling round the sky, it was near unbelievable. Red, yellow, and blue!  Grime thought that was quite enough, but shades of green, purple, and orange started filling up the night just as well.  These marvelous spells were all the workings of a Blueman who was not part of the Kinsfolk of Despot-Hominid.

Yes, Indigo was certainly not royalty, no matter the color of his skin.  He had his own family to look after, or at least, he had his son to look after.  Indigo and Cyan, a beautiful father-son relationship at its finest… I mean, at this point in time, it was.  But yes, they were the Moral-Hominid Guild and traits were exactly opposite of the Despot-Hominids.  They were here to help people, not hurt.  They were certainly not here to run humans as slaves.  But at this point, they were up to no helping at all.  They were shooting colors into the sky.  It was part of young Cyan’s training in Necromancy, and he was doing just fine.

“One more, Cyan,” Indigo said. “Then we’ll be off!”  So out erupted from the wand, a most powerful blast than ever before, more colors and shades than ever imaginable.  Indigo clapped his hands at this fact, “Magnificent, marvelous, masterly, and majestic!”

“I should say so!” said an awestruck Grime.  Not even in his wildest imaginations were these magnificent charms.  His presence struck Cyan, still a young Blueman, as frightening.  Grime was grime, just as Filth was filth.  Their names have a meaning, yes, and a dirty meaning indeed.  Humans were rodents, and you wouldn’t want a rodent hopping around your home, would you?  But Indigo, old and wise, knew not to judge Grime for his grime.  Indigo sensed the special qualities which were presented in the Human.

“Say so to which?” asked Indigo.  “Did you believe it was magnificent? Or marvelous?” he smiled and went on. “Masterly majestic, or else entirely?”

Grime thought for a moment (which surprised Indigo), and he said,  “Amazing, astounding, astonishing, amusing, and all-around awesome!”

Indigo approached, and bowed to Grime.  “I am Indigo, of the Moral-Hominid Guild.”

“I am Grime, of the Sordidum Family.” He took a bow as well.  “What are you doing out here, in the Human Tribes?”

“We needed somewhere simple to practice,” said Indigo.  “Cyan here, my son, is learning the ways of Necromancy.  As a Moral-Hominid, we don’t want the Despot’s finding us at our home.  We figured this would be a nice place to get away, and practice our Charmworking.”

“Well that’s a poor figure, I’m afraid.” said Grime.  “Muzzle the Mouth is always swarming around checking work, and Cornea the Eyes is always watching our minds. You’ll get caught no doubt.”

“But night is now, and night is overlooked.” Indigo went on.  “Thoughts are allowed, and everyone is sleeping peacefully.”

“But you might wake someone up,” Grime was sure someone were to hear.

“Humans always sleep through the night,” Indigo smiled. “They never wake.”  He came close to Grime, and pulled up his left arm’s sleeve. “You are not a human.”

Grime jerked away from the Blueman, and he held his arm close.  Over the year, the small spots on his arm had transformed into large splotches. He never paid attention to them, because he had no reason to. It didn’t progress his work, and it didn’t progress his imagination. “Whatever do you mean?” He asked.

“You are a rare case, but certainly not unheard of. You belong out of this slave tribe! You are no rat! You are a Blueman!” Indigo pulled him into an embrace. “Come forward, Cyan. Embrace Grime, and make him feel welcome!”  He reluctantly did so.

Grime was squirming in their arms, uncomfortably. “I don’t understand. I am Grime, of the Sordidum family. Brother of Filth, Son of late Grunge, Cousin of Ooze, Grand-Nephew of Dirt. I am a Human!”  The hugs stopped, and Grime fell to the ground.

“Would you be interested in a late supper at our home?” Indigo asked.

“That isn’t allowed!” Grime cried. “I am a Human!”

“A Human who thinks, who feels, who’s colored blue!  Who possesses the power of Necromancy!” Indigo smirked.  “You, my friend, are not a Human, most definitely not. I can guarantee, you will be forgotten of your old life, if you leave with me right now.”

“Forgotten?” Grime asked.  “You think I wish to be forgotten?”

“Would you rather be a slave?” Indigo shook his head. “A life in misery forevermore?”

“I have a family!” shouted Grime.

“A brother.”

“He needs me.”

“He is a Human,” Indigo said.  “He is easily manipulated… very easily controlled. His life is spent without thinking, without needing. He is just as is, with you or without.”

“He is still family,” said Grime. “And I wish not to leave him alone as a slave.”

“You have the potential to be the greatest creature who ever lived.  I see it, through my Charmed eyes. You could save the world… but only if you leave now.  Grand people must make sacrifices sometimes.”

“How should I even trust you, stranger?” Grime shook his head.

Indigo then placed three fingers to Grimes forehead, and he showed him the vision:  

Grime stands alone in an empty white room, filled with the air of nothingness.  He turns around, and looks out a window to see billions of people of all different size and shape, creatures of all specifications, standing united in harmony.  Grime looks at his hands, both are entirely blue.  A voice behind him speaks, “Thank You, Grime.”

            As soon as Grime was taken out of the vision, he cried tears of joy.  “I will have dinner with you and your kin, let us leave as soon as we can!” And they did.



© 2015 Ilideal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 3, 2015
Tags: fantasy, ilideal, moral, hominids, grime, sordidum