THE CHOSEN

THE CHOSEN

A Story by john Robinson
"

THE WORLD NEEDS TO LEARN

"

                                        THE CHOSEN.                                            





Prelude.


They came from vast sections of the galaxy. Their crafts raced at a speed unknown to man. Their crafts had the ability to take on various forms in order to increase speeds, and slip through the obstacles that space had to offer...




The year was 2098. Russia had a new President with the morals of Stalin. The European Union was exploding. Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Japan, China, and North Korea, found themselves at odds with one another as well as with the United States. Israel, Hamas, and Jordan had called off peace talks, which caused the first bombs to fall, sparking an all-out war. Islamic jihadist had grown, and with an abundance of finances and weapons, found themselves in control of countries like Libya, Iraq, Iran, and Syria. Their presence was growing and becoming even more dangerous.


In America, a newly elected President found himself having to step down after accusations of corruption. Vice President Elisabeth J. Pride was now the commander and chief.


The world had become plagued with disease. Water was so scarce that it had to be rationed. It had also become a cash cow for the underworld, who had taken over much of the world's water supply by developing cartels that used deadly force to claim certain bodies of water. Swimming, as well as fishing, had become prohibited in many lands where the cartels had control. Military and United Nation forces found themselves at a loss for solutions. Many of the Nation's leaders had their hands tied. Forced to make deals with the cartels. The meat industry throughout the world had to protect their livestock from poachers. The meat had become so difficult to obtain that much of the world had become vegetarians. It had become an ever fading world of dreams and expanding nightmares.


31st Fighter Wing. Homestead Florida.


Major David P. Kellerman was forty-three years of age and commander of the 307th fighter squadron.


July 25th. Major Kellerman was on his way to his weekly poker night. He had a surprise for the boys. He had managed to get his hands on some hamburger meat down at the commissary. He planned on having a little grill before the night got started. Charles had mentioned something about bringing the beers, and Harry wanted to bring over a bottle or two of whiskey. Alcohol and drugs were about the only two substances that were easy to obtain. That and breathing the air, which at least at the moment was still free to inhale. David's wife Judy, and his two kids, Tommy,(thirteen), and Dory,(nine), were away visiting Judy's parents in Colorado. It was 19 hundred hours as the first players began to show up. Harry had exited his car and was making his way towards the smell of the grill. “Hey David,” he said in a friendly raised voice. David turned to see Harry approaching with a bottle of Jack in one hand and a bottle of Black and White in the other. Then came the sound of another car door closing. “Smells like hamburger said Charles approaching with a keg of beer in each hand. It looked to be a nice night for poker. Not only that, but the heavyweight championship bout between the undefeated, “Rich Power-hand Dolby”, (43-0), and “Smash-mouth McGuire”,(42-0-1). The three were looking forward to a relaxing night after such a hard few weeks.


UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE CAMPUS.



Vicki Johnson was eighteen years of age and a freshman at the University. She dragged her bags to dorm 18. She took the elevator up to the fifth floor. She continued until finding room 505, where she would spend the next 4 to 6 years of living while studying music theory. She put the key in the lock. “S**t”. Just her luck. The key didn't fit. Vicki then sat on her Samsonite luggage and took a breather. She really didn't feel like going all the way back to the admissions office to complain.


Looks like you having trouble” a voice came from her right. She looked up to see a young brunette with a backpack and a small plastic bag in her hand.


My name is Susan Stone”- “Vicki. Vicki Johnson. Susan held her hand out, and Vicki took it. They not only shook hands, but Susan helped Vicki get back on her feet from her relief position. Susan was the same age and studying the same subject. In fact, the only thing the two didn't have in common was that Susan was a junior, and her key fit the lock.



In the meantime, the political situation in the European Union had come to a head. The French were preparing attacks on Serbia, and Romania, who had joined forces with the Czech Republic. Spain had been able to exclude themselves from any conflict until now. Morocco had place troops on the border. This put Portugal in a position to takes sides, but which side. Rumors had been spreading that the Chinese were preparing an attack, but no one could confirm these rumors.



MOSCOW.



Doctor Antonio Vincent was thirty-three years of age and chief doctor at the University of Leningrad. He sat at home watching the news with his wife Lori. They had lived in Russia now for over twelve years, and it was slowly becoming a reality that they may have to leave soon. The two watched as the newly elected President gave a speech. His radical words put fear into the hearts of both of them. Antonio sighed. “Lori,” he said in a soft concerned voice. “I think the best thing is for you to get on the first plane out of here”. Lori gazed at her husband with misunderstanding eyes. “Antonio. You see what is going on in our homeland of Italy”-” I didn't say go back home” he interjected- I said get out of here”. He poured himself another vodka. “The way Czechno talks, it will not be long before the chaos come this way”



WASHINGTON D.C. THE WHITE HOUSE.



President pride was about to give a State of the Union address. The United States had chosen to join their allies the French and the Germans. They had already activated the 52nd fighter wing in Spangdahlem Germany and the 86th fighter wing in Rammstein. Eighty thousand troops were to be deployed as the situation was becoming critical. In case of an attack from any of the Asian nations, the 8th fighter wing, and the 51st fighter wing, both stationed in South Korea, as well as the 343rd fighter wing in Eielson Alaska were put on code red.



EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CALIFORNIA. RADAR CONTROL.



Captain Hill had spotted something on the radar that didn't quite make sense. He called commander Rogers over to take a look. “Maybe it's a defect in the system” he stated. “Sir. I ran control sequence on the system again and again-replied hill- no sign of defect” Rogers was forty-eight and believed nothing that he couldn't prove himself. He told Hill to get out of the chair. He took over running the control sequence, but to avail. It was the same. There seemed to be three or four objects on the screen that simply didn't make any sense. They seemed to change shapes every half a minute or so, but the really odd thing was that they seem to be traveling at a rated speed faster than anything he had seen in his twenty years of service. Rogers was confused but still felt that there had to be an explanation.


keep it on the screen. I'll call system I.T”.



HOMESTEAD AIR FORCE BASE FLORIDA.



David and the boys were enjoying hamburgers, playing poker, and getting ready for the fight when the phone rang. David didn't like when the phone rang, because it was usually bad news. This time would be no different. The fight hadn't begun due to the State of the Union address. The fellas knew that it wouldn't be long before they too would be put on code red. David hung up the phone and turned with a frustrated look on his face. Upon seeing his expression, the crew knew what the first words would be. So without hesitation, they began to pack up the beer, booze, and food. They left the money on the table.



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.



Susan sat intensely watching the news when Vicki stormed through the door. “Susan-Susan!” she belted. Susan turned towards her. “Shhhh”. Vicki focused on the television. Japan began bombing parts of China. This put India into action, attacking from the other end. Pakistan went into protection mode, activating their nuclear arsenal. In Europe, England was being bombarded from all sides, which put Canada, and Australia into action.


My god,” said Susan unable to finish her watercress sandwich.

Susan. Forget all that” said Vicki- “we're safe here. Not only that but guess who I met in the cafeteria”? “Who?” asked Susan. Vicki's eyes seemed to see stars as she crossed her arms across her breast. “I didn't get their names, but they were so handsome that I just about melted. They said that they were on the football team, and guess what else”? Susan was dying in suspense.


Jesus Vicki-tell me”.


They asked if I would come to the incoming party on Saturday, and they want me to bring a friend”. The two screamed with joy, jumping up and down.





MOSCOW UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL.



JULY 27TH.


Antonio was now sure that the Russians were about to take their part in this crazy war. During the President's address to the nation, he stated that the implementation of nuclear weapons would be more probable than not. Antonio had called Moscow International in an attempt to secure a reservation for his wife. Seems he was not alone. He was told that all outbound flights were booked until the beginning of September. Antonio was beginning to get a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. He became nervous as if his every move was being watched, but more than usual. He attempted to call Italy but to no avail. Seems the two would have to pack their bags and head to the Italian consulate.



EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CALIFORNIA. RADAR CONTROL.




Captain Hill, commander Rogers, and system I.T, stared in awe at the radar screen. Lieutenant Williams stated that the system was intact. “Then what the hell is that”? Demanded commander Rogers. Williams just shrugged. Captain Hill felt that what they all were looking at had to be reported. This didn't go well with commander Rogers, but it seemed that there was no other choice.



HOMESTEAD FLORIDA. 31ST FIGHTER WING.



Major Kellerman and the 307th fighter squadron had been on code red. David heard that the prize fight was won By “Smash mouth McGuire” by knockout in the second round. Thus becoming the new heavyweight champion. “So what else is knew David mumbled. Private Russell entered his office. “Commander Rogers online two sir”. David picked up the phone.



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.



August 1st.


It was Saturday. The two were getting prepared for what would be Vicki's first college party. She was on the phone with her parents in Seattle. Susan's eyes were glued to the news on the television. Vicki hung up the phone and smirked at the site of her roommate being captivated by the tube. “You should stop that Susan-she commented- It's just depressing”. “Depressing?-replied Susan-Do you know that they put the draft into effect”? “They're drafting every available man and woman over the age seventeen. The jihadist have taken most of the Arab nations, and Israel is threatening to drop the bomb-her voice raised-Of course it's depressing”!


Okay-okay-Gave up Vicki.- Don't lose yourself because of a little uproar”. “Little uproar” answered Susan realizing that her roommate was either ignoring the present world situation or simply oblivious to the fact.



MOSCOW UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL.



The situation had gone from bad to worst for Antonio Vincent. His wife, without his knowledge, had been arrested and immediately deported back to Italy. Antonio found himself in the hands of the Russian secret service. He was put in a cell and interrogated. All immigrants living in Russia were put under surveillance. Many were put in Russian prisons, while others were brutally interrogated.


In the meantime, the United Nations had called an emergency summit, which was to include the leaders of all nations. This was a last ditch effort to bring the fighting to an end.




31ST FIGHTER WING. HOMESTEAD FLORIDA.



Major Kellerman and Colonel Harry Shivers stared at the radar screen in both confusion and utter disbelief.


What do you think it is”? Asked Harry.


I don't know-replied David- but have you noticed that they seem to be coming closer”? “We have to call the Pentagon” Harry replied.



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.



Vicki and Susan were ready for their dates. There was a knock on the door. Vicki made a mad dash, almost stumbling over the couch. She stood before the door and straightened her hair and dress before opening it. She opened the door, and there stood two deeply tanned handsome hunks. Vicki had forgotten just how tall they were. She stood there speechless, almost in a trance. Susan walked up and took over.


Hi. I'm Susan. Come in and have a seat. The two athletic hunks entered almost in slow motion. She asked if they wanted anything to drink. Like many college students, they wanted alcohol. The girls didn't have any, so the four decided to head to the party.



MONDAY. AUGUST 3RD.



The years of human ignorance as to the state of nature had taken its toll. The ozone had just been completely destroyed. Meteorologist had a difficult time forecasting the weather. It seemed to change from hour to hour. The polar caps of the Arctic oceans and Antarctica had not only caused flooding throughout the world, but it also brought about the extinction of many of the world wildlife, which was also to blame for the lack of meat. No one has seen a bee, or a butterfly on the planet for over 40 years. Natural disasters were commonplace. Heat Waves would claim the lives of millions. We were slowly putting an to end to our own existence.




NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION,(NASA).



The scientist and space researcher, Dr. Steven Frank had just received a call from the Pentagon. At first, he didn't want to believe his ears, but as a scientist, he had to take into consideration that There could possibly be something unexplained happening. He proceeded to the control room where he had access to the Hubble IV space telescope as well as the Fermi 2 Gamma-ray space telescope.



MOSCOW FEDERAL HOLDING PRISON.



Antonio sat alone in a cell attempting to figure out just what this all meant. That's when his cell door opened. Antonio looked up to see three figures standing there. Two wore dark sunglasses and dark suits. The other was Edward Mikronov, the secretary of state. Antonio was confused. Mikronov slowly approached Antonio. He stood on his feet. Mikronov spoke in Russian. “We have sent your wife back to Italy”. Antonio stared back in shock. “You sent her back? He asked. You do know that my country is being attacked”-he added. Mikronov continued. “Your wife is of no use to us. She would only hinder your work”. Antonio glared at Mikronov. He knew the history of the so-called, ”Madman”, who some compared to Napoleon.


What work”? Asked Antonio confused. “You will find out soon enough”, and with that, he turned and left. Antonio jumped to his feet and ran for the cell door, only to have it slammed in his face. “WAIT. I MUST GO BACK TO MY WIFE!!-WHY ARE YOU KEEPING ME HERE?? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME???-PLEASE-FOR GOD'S SAKE ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!.



UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE CAMPUS.



Susan and Vicki were cuddling in separate beds with their newly found heroes when there was a sudden banging of the door. Susan jumped up, rudely awakened out her lovely dream. She looked to her left. Guess it wasn't a dream. The other three groaned in unison. The pounding continued.


Susan sleepwalked her way to the door. “Okay-okay hold on to your pants”. She opened the door and was startled to see about eight huge guys standing there. She shook her head to make sure she was awake. She was awake alright. “What's going on”? She asked with a yawn.


Where's Todd and Jerry,” asked the handsome, big, black guy.


Why” Susan countered.


Why? They just started drafting the first students. Susan couldn't believe her ears. The handsome, big black guy went on to tell her that several protests against the draft and the war in general were to take place across the nation. She let the guys in to wake up their friends with the bad news. All across the world,protest were taking place. Whether against the war,or against their country being pulled into the war. Other protest were over the state of the dying planet. Certain powerful nations like Russia,China,North Korea, japan,and Israel were threatening to drop the bomb.




NASA SECRET SPACE CENTER.

Somewhere in Arizona.



Professor Virgil Krantz had just received a call from Steven Frank. Virgil two had been receiving transmissions from the two space telescopes. He was convinced that the planet was to experience an extraterrestrial invasion. Professor Krantz had seen a lot in his thirty years of working for NASA,but this was a Steven Spielberg film about to become reality. He decided to meet with Frank. The two would then visit the pentagon.



In the meantime,Turkey had sent troops over to Greece in an attempt to hold off Serbia. Together they marched into Albania,Sofia,and parts of Bulgaria to protect Italy. Norway,Finland,and Sweden were keeping themselves neutral. Unknown to them,the Russians were on the march. At the United nations counsel,talks were just getting under way.



HOMESTEAD FLORIDA.


Major Kellerman had finally gotten another day off. This time there would be no poker game. The wife and kids were back from Oregon. David sat on the couch and let out a sigh of relaxation. He turned on the tube to see a face that he didn't really want to see. It was the President.


DIRECT FROM THE WHITEHOUSE. THIS IS A STATE OF THE WORLD ADDRESS.



David let out another sigh. This time one of discontent. David didn't approve of the former President who stepped down,and thought even less of the acting President. The President stated that she had deployed another thirty thousand troops,while also defending the implementation of the draft. David began to think about the future. He hoped things would get better before his kids became old enough to be drafted.



WASHINGTON D.C. THE PENTAGON.



Steven Frank and professor Krantz sat at a big lonely table,in their big lonely chairs,staring at the faces of ten deeply concerned,but somewhat skeptical lonely looking constituents. Krantz had his laptop closed on the big table. He tapped his fingers on it one after another. Vice President Jordan entered the room. All stood. He asked them to sit as he took a seat at the head of the table. He put His hands on the table and Jestered to Krantz to begin. He stood up and began... “Ladies and gentlemen. Mr. Vice President. What I am about to show you,will by no means be anything that you wish to hear,let alone believe. Yet I and my Colleague feel that we all have no other choice but to prepare ourselves for what may seem impossible,yet in fact- is not only possible,but imminent”. With that he opened his laptop and the show began.



In the meantime,South America at this point hadn't put themselves into the fray. Many of cartels were busy holding bodies of water hostage. It was a lucrative business, but was considered illegal, There were fierce gunfights with many African sailors who were part of various sectarian groups. Water was very important for the Continent,and they would do anything to keep it free. The Mexicans had pledged their allegiance to the United states,and as for the Americans? They were going on with their daily lives,and adapting as much as they could to the changes. Crime had risen so much that 25 years ago recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine became legal. Twenty years ago the gun laws were altered. All citizens were to carry a weapon,but assault weapons would be issued only to those in law enforcement,or the military.


Technology saw self driving cars take over roads and highways. Cell phones were voice activated,as well as face activated. They were more computers than cellphones. For that matter computers could literary brew your coffee in the morning,wake you up with a soothing voice,or music of your choice. They acted as security for you home,they were self lock,self charging machines with a frightening personality.



MOSCOW FEDERAL PRISON.



Antonio shed some tears while thinking of his wife,but he was even more concerned about it was the Russians wanted him to do. Why him? Once again he heard the hallway door open followed by the footsteps,once again heading his way. Where else? He was the only one there. He heard the key turn the cylinder of the lock to his cell. Antonio stood slowly up from his cott. He wondered what fate was about to enter. The cell door opened. There stood a tall sleek young man with a blue suit,terrible tie,and Italian shoes.


Antonio Vincent”? He asked with a calm,almost soothing voice. Antonio was first at a lost for words. The gentleman was quite young. Twenty five maybe. He didn't seem like a threat. He continued with a sight smile.


My name is Marco Ramazzotti”. He spoke in Italian. This put Antonio even more at ease. I am here on behalf of the Italian and Russian governments” Antonio still had nothing to say. Marco went on-”First let me say that your wife is in safe hands” “Where is she” Antonio asked weakly. Marco took a seat on the cott. “The Russians have made a proposal to the Italian government”. “What kind of,Proposal”? Asked Antonio sternly. Marco waited a second or two.
“They will take over the country silently. The Italians should not attempt to resist. Antonio couldn't believe what he was hearing. “What”?? he asked in confused anger-”No,no,no,no. You are lying. Have the Italian government responded”? Marco simply nodded his head yes,meaning yes it will happen. Antonio was perplexed. “Why am I here,why are you here? -”The Russians wish that you work with me as head doctor to the new regime in Italy”.



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.

It was the 4rd of August,and the girls found themselves witnesses of a country wide college revolution. Colleges all across the nation were feeling the affects of this world wide conflict. Both male and female students were being drafted from colleges and universities all over the land,regardless of their standing. Honor students,athletes, graduating seniors. No one was exempted. This caused tens of thousands of students in America to take to the picket lines.


HOMESTEAD FLORIDA.


David and his wife Judy sat on the couch watching the news. The main focus of the news was that of the United Nations summit,which journalist called, “The U.N shouting matches”. Then came news of the student revolt. Many of which saw violence against authorities. The department of education found themselves void of answers. “You think this will boil down before our kids are old enough for college”? Asked wife Judy. David looked at her,unsure of how to answer. “At this point,it's hard to guess just what the future will bring. His phone rang. Judy looked at him. He answered it.


Major Kellerman?- You're wanted at the radar station”. The person then hung up.




WASHINGTON D.C. THE PENTAGON.


Professor Virgil Krantz closed his laptop. You could hear crickets. Then the Vice President began.


I have no idea what the hell I just saw”. Steven Frank chuckled,receiving a glance from Krantz. He then stood up-”Mr Vice President. It is apparent that you have not been brought up to speed”. “Well get me out of the pit-stop Mr. Frank”. Frank went on to explain that,although they couldn't be sure what it,or they were. It was without a doubt an unexplained phenomenon. Both he and professor Krantz felt that they were indeed some sort of extraterrestrial being,or beings. The urgent matter was the fact that they were on a direct collision course with the planet earth.


How long”? The Vice President asked. Frank and Krantz glance at one another.


Krantz spoke. “Considering their size and ability to change shapes in order to increase speed,or to decrease it. I would say no longer than a week at the most.


How many”? asked the Vice President. “It's hard to tell” replied Frank. Sometimes it looks like one big one,other times it looks like many big ones,or one big one with many satellites”.


Can we stop them”? “I don't see how sir” said Krantz- “The way they change shapes-it,or they would be hard to pinpoint”.



“Even with the Star wars system”?


It would be like playing Whack-a-mole”...


A secretary walked in,interrupting the meeting. She walked over and whispered in the ear of the Vice President. He took on a stern look. “Ladies and Gentlemen. The republic of Russia- have troops moving into Finland,Sweden,and Norway. They are also looking to re-take The Ukraine”. A silence fell upon the room.


As the news of Russia's aggressive moves hit the airwaves and social media,it spawned immediate responses across the world. Many took to the streets in protest,while others began looting and rioting. Black market assault weapons dealers in America were raking in the cash,as homeowners were turning their homes into fortresses. At the same time the world was still dealing with the unpredictable weather,as well as natural disasters that were being caused by the unpredictable weather,which was often severe. There were constant alerts on where to find adequate disaster as well as fallout shelters.



MOSCOW FEDERAL STATE PRISON.


In the beginning Antonio was being fed nothing other than stale sandwiches and luke warm tea. Now he was being spoiled with lavish breakfast,lunch,and dinners. The Russians wanted his cooperation,and he felt it. Antonio wondered what would happen if he refused. Then again he knew the most likely answer,and it wasn't a simple,”Okay. Well that's that”. He was also brought a radio,so he could listen to the news. He heard about the Russian invasion of the three countries. He heard about the uproar. He said a prayer for the world. Then he heard the door open,and footsteps heading for his cell. He could hear the guards talking to one another as they opened his cell door. He slowly stood up. Nothing. “???”

All kinds of thought raced through his head. He slowly walked to the cell door,and cautiously looked out. Nothing. In fact the hallway door was open. He could hear the guards still in conversation. “What's going on? He thought to himself.



NASA SECRET SPACE CENTER.

Somewhere in Arizona.


Professor Krantz sat in his office watching,freezing, and rewinding images from the Fermi 2 Gamma-ray telescope. Then it happened. The objects simply vanished. “What”? He mumbled to himself. He searched all directions,then began jumping from the Fermi telescope to the Hubble IV telescope. Still there was nothing. Suddenly Steven Frank came crashing through the door.


I see it” blocked Krantz.


See what??” Steven asked.


Nothing”.


That's what I was afraid of”.



HOMESTEAD FLORIDA.


It was August the 7th. Major Kellerman had worked for over seventy two hours with very little sleep. He had been lucky to have his squadron assigned to protect the coast. His phone rang. It was Harry on the line.


David. You won't believe this”...


EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CALIFORNIA.


Captain Hill was frantically searching his radar screen. He found nothing. He notified commander Rogers,who of course had an explanation for the current event. For him the scare was over.



UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE CAMPUS.



It was a gloomy Saturday, the tenth of August. Vicki was on her phone talking to her parents about the world's situation. It appears to have finally hit her. So much that she had become somewhat depressive. Susan couldn't keep her eyes off the television. Todd and Jerry,the two hunks from the football team never reported for military duty,and were most likely on the way to Mexico,or maybe even Canada. Watching the news made Susan frighten,because both her father and brother were career soldiers. Protest were still taking place on the campus The department of education had put a hold on all school activities. All school,college,and university campuses were to become evacuation stations and makeshift medical facilitates.


African nations that found themselves close to the middle east,were thrown into the fray. Jihadist in the Middle East were achieving more of a stranglehold. Israel had their fingers on the button. Iran as well. North Korea marched into South Korea in the dead of night sparking a fire-fight between the powerful North Korean army,and the South Koreans who were backed by the United states. The United States didn't have enough fighting power to win this confrontation without the use of nuclear warheads. The Navy's 14th Nimitz class nuclear powered super-carrier,(Cvn 88),with it's close to 10.000 troops,was ordered to stand down. China found themselves in defense mode. They sent small missiles which would strike just off the coast of both Japan,and India. The airstrikes did nothing other than anger both countries.



NEW YORK. THE UNITED NATIONS.

Emergency Summit Meeting.



It was Monday the 12th of August. Talks were moving at a slow pace. Russia was steadfast and declined the United Nations demands to withdraw their troops. The European union was beside itself. Germany and England found themselves in a shouting match with the Russian Prime Minister. Italy was aware of the Russians plans to invade their country. They agreed to let it happen,only if they could maintain some sort of independence. In other words,Italy actually agreed to not agree. Countries like China,North Korea,South America,and the Middle eastern countries,other than Israel were not represented. The Islamic jihadist weren't invited. President Pride took the podium. She was quick and to the point.


Ladies and Gentlemen. Allies and countries of representation. If you think for one second that America will sit on it's hands while these invasions of our allies continue. THINK AGAIN”!!And with that she left the podium and the building. The Russian Prime Minister immediately got on his phone.


NASA SECRET SPACE CENTER.

Somewhere In Arizona.


Professor Krantz and Dr. Steven Frank Searched frantically to find any signs of the objects that had sparked their attention. They looked at anything that seemed remotely out of place. To no avail.


Do you think they're gone”? Asked Frank. Krantz kept searching. “Maybe,or maybe they're within our atmosphere” he replied- “I'm going to program the Hubble to search our atmosphere. It,or they are not gone. They're just playing cat and mouse”...



MOSCOW. THE KREMLIN.



It was Wednesday,14th of August. The Russians had spread their invasions to Belarus,and Poland,with plans of retaking the Ukraine. The French Prime Minister got in contact with the Kremlin and threatened with nuclear retaliation. The Russians ignored this threat,knowing that such a strike would annihilate Europe.


MOSCOW FEDERAL STATE PRISON.


The guards were gone. There was no one in any of the cells. This was a big prison. It couldn't be empty. It wasn't. All other floors were filled with prisoners and locked down,but the door leading to the front gate was open. Antonio wondered whether or not to take the bait. He did. Outside the gates awaited a limo. The driver held the rear door open. After hearing that Italy really didn't agree to the invasion. What now??


UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE CAMPUS.


Vicki and Susan sat before the television watching the news. They sat with a couple of student friends as silence reigned. Susan noticed a sudden darkness covering the campus grounds. She first thought that a storm was coming,but there was something different. She went to the window and looked up. That's when she felt as if her heart had stopped...



EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CALIFORNIA. RADAR CONTROL.



Captain Hill couldn't believe his eyes. The radar screen was black. Suddenly an eerie darkness covered the base. He immediately contacted commander Rogers...



HOMESTEAD FLORIDA. 31st fighter wing.


Major Kellerman and Harry sat before a black radar screen as a call came in from the pentagon. At the same time,a odd darkness covered the base...



MOSCOW.



Against his better judgment,Antonio got into the limo. The driver shut the partition. Curiosity was getting the better of Antonio. He noticed a sudden darkness covering the city. Then the limo stopped. He heard the driver get out. He then too exited the limo. He looked up. “That's no cloud” he thought.



NASA SECRET SPACE CENTER.


Professor Krantz,and Dr. Frank felt that they were making progress when the electricity went out. The backup system went in effect,but with only half the power. This meant that they would only have fifty percent of the instruments. They still had access to the Hubble IV,but the screen was black. Frank went out into the hall,peered out a window, and noticed that it was pitch black out. Something was not right. He stepped out to see just what it was,and saw the enormous spacecraft hovering. He was paralyzed with bewilderment. He wanted run back inside,but his legs were shaking,and he walked almost drunkenly back inside. He looked at his watch and saw that it had stopped. He looked up at the clock on the wall and saw that it too had stopped. He walked back into the control room. He was about to tell Krantz what he had just saw,when something else caught his attention. Professor Krantz was unveiling some odd looking machine. It looked like something out of a Willy Wonka movie. He approached slowly. “What is that”? He asked. “It's an advanced version of a Lingua-Franca” Krantz replied.


lingua franca /ˌlɪŋɡwə ˈfræŋkə/, also known as a bridge language, common language, trade language or vehicular language, is a language or dialect systematically (as opposed to occasionally, or casually) used to make communication possible between people who do not share a native language or dialect ...


I guess that means that you know what's hovering over us at the moment”. “The mouse has come out of it's hole” the professor responded. “So your plan is to attempt to communicate with them,with this-thing”? Krantz was turning knobs,and flipping switches. “This Thing-as you call it, maybe the only way of finding out just what it is they want”.



This mother of all spacecrafts had caused the inhabitants of our tiny planet to stop dead in their tracks. There was no electricity,cars had stalled,clocks and watches had stopped,all phone service was down. Computers were useless.


Dr. Frank was somewhat confused. “Professor”?.he began- “ A Lingua-Franca is normally used for situations involving humans. What if this,or these..beings form of communication is outside the realm of the machines capabilities”?


Simply put Dr. Frank. We would be screwed”...



It was August the fifteenth. Professor Krantz with assistance from Dr. Frank,worked feverishly setting up the Lingua-Franca. They then had to position it outside. The machine looked quite primitive,and they needed a series of extension cords. The two went back inside where Krantz had a monitor and keyboards set up strictly for the Lingua-Franca. He began typing. “HELLO”? Nothing. He sent the message again and again. Still no response.


It was now the sixteenth of August. The Professor had typed a series of greetings. To no avail. Krantz looked disappointingly at Frank. He let out a sigh. “Let's pack it up”. Krantz began to shut it down then it happen.

ARE YOU THIS PLANET'S LEADER”??


Shock and amazement ran threw the bodies of the two. Their minds went blank. Frank nudged the Professor and gestured for him to reply. Krantz began typing. “NO. I REPRESENT THE LEADER”.


WE WISH TO SPEAK TO THE LEADER OF THIS PLANET”. Krantz was at a loss for answers.


I MUST CONTACT THEM,BUT YOU HAVE CUT OUR POWER”. Not one second later was the power back on. Clocks began ticking again,cars were back in motion,phones once again worked. Everything was back to normal,or was it?


YOU WILL HAVE EXACTLY TWENTY FOUR HOURS”.



SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.


The spacecraft still hovered over the planet,keeping it in total darkness. Vicki,Susan and all of the campus as well as as the state were in awe at the size of the spacecraft. It began to slowly rotate,and lights began blinking off and on. Then,to the astonishment of the entire world,it raised one side,while lowering the other-making it look like an enormous wheel. This did allow for some some light to peek through. It was a terrifying sight that made the inhabitants of the planet feel as if it could come crashing down at any moment. “I think I should call my mom” said Vicki. Susan stood speechless. Just peering at the sky.



HOMESTEAD FLORIDA. 31ST FIGHTER WING.


David, Harry,and the rest of the fighter wing stood outside looking up. “Look at the size of that thing. It's as big as Jupiter” said Harry. “I think it's bigger” David replied. They noticed that the power was back on. “You think this thing has anything to do with the power” asked Harry. “Without a doubt”. “You think we're going to get the word”? “Are you nuts” said David, “Every army on the planet would be nothing but a swarm of gnats to this thing”.


EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CALIFORNIA.


Things appeared to be back to normal. Captain Hill was eating a Pastrami Sandwich that he purchased from a vending machine. He suddenly began to choke at the sight on the screen. There were 30 if not 40 small blips on the screen entering the atmosphere at outlandish speeds.


MOSCOW.


Antonio walked off,unbeknownst to the driver who became enraged at his absence. Antonio walked a few blocks to the Italian consulate. He saw that it was under Russian occupation. Antonio stood across the street. He knew that they would soon be searching for him. He contemplated his next move.


WASHINGTON D.C. THE WHITE HOUSE.



Krantz finally made contact with the President. He told her of his progress,and the fact that they had less than 24 hours to respond. The President felt shivers go up and down her spine. “Virgil-she began-you're the best person to speak to these-beings”- Virgil stopped her. “Mrs. President, they want to speak to the Leader”. “I'll contact the U.N,and see if we can't get enough leaders together”. “Forgive me Mrs. President,but we don't have time for a congregation. They specifically said,”Leader””. The President was not happy,and felt a migraine coming on. “If I may Mrs. President. I feel that you should broadcast this live,with assistance from several news stations across the world”. “Are you crazy!! If I muff this,I'll be blamed for the earth's annihilation”!!- “Not that anyone would complain because we'd all be dead”.


Just be honest Mrs. president. If they wanted to annihilate us,we'd be long gone”.


I'll call you when I'm ready Virgil”.





NASA SECRET SPACE CENTER.

You know where.


Krantz got off his phone,turned to Frank,and simply said,”It's show time”.


AUGUST SEVENTEENTH. 30 MINUTES TO DEADLINE.



With the assistance of CNN,C-SPAN,FOX NEWS,AL JAZEERA,THE BBC,GERMANY'S ARD,ZDF,AND MANY OTHERS,THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WAS ABOUT TO BROADCAST THE MOST IMPORTANT STATE OF WORLD ADDRESS. ALL RADIO,AND SATELLITE STATIONS WERE BROADCASTING LIVE. JOURNALIST AND NEWS CREWS WERE OUT AT FULL FORCE FILMING THE SPACECRAFT.


Then they came. They were small,about the size of football fields. They circled the mother-ship,faster and faster,creating an image of an atom. The supersized mother-ship rotated back to it's original flat position,and the world went dark. Electricity remained on,but the whole thing felt ominous. The world was glued to any form of communication device. TV,radio,computer,smartphone. The world waited.



Krantz's phone rang. The president was ready. Krantz sat at the monitor,and typed the first words. Frank stood next to him. His heart beating uncontrollably...


HELLO. I HAVE OUR LEADER”. He waited-the world waited.


PLEASE HAVE THEM SPEAK”- Krantz connected to the President. “Mrs. President. It's go time”.

President Pride took a big swallow,and one of the biggest breaths of her life.


HELLO”?- She was unsure of herself.


YOU ARE EARTH'S SUPREME LEADER”?


AHH-WE HERE ON EARTH HAVE MANY LEADERS. I WILL SPEAK FOR THEM,AND FOR OUR INHABITANTS”.

WE WISH TO SPEAK TO THE SUPREME LEADER OF THIS PLANET”. “What now”? She thought.


OUR PLANET CHOOSES TO BELIEVE IN GOD AS OUR SUPREME LEADER. WE ALL SERVE UNDER HIM”


I AM WHEYTON. SUPREME BEING. ARE YOU TO SAY THAT YOUR PLANET SERVES I”?


That caused a quagmire.


POSSIBLY. OUR INHABITANTS SERVE MANY GODS”


WE HAVE OBSERVED YOUR PLANET. YOUR TRIVIAL SQUABBLES WHICH CAUSE MANY TO LOSE THEIR LIVES.YOUR LIES AND DECEIT. YOUR JUDGEMENTS AND PREJUDICE. YOUR SENSELESS DESTRUCTION OF ALL THAT IS MEANINGFUL TO THE GALAXY. YOUR PLANET HAS BECOME A BURDEN”.


I APOLOGISE. WE CAN BECOME BETTER”


DO NOT PATRONIZE WHEYTON!! THE INHABITANTS OF YOUR PLANET ARE SELF SERVING. YOU DO NOT EVEN CARE FOR THE PLANET YOU CALL HOME”.


The president was being slammed. She was at a loss for words.


THE COUNSEL OF GALAXIES, HAVE RULED THAT YOU HAVE FAILED AS A PLANET,AND YOU HAVE FAILED AS A LEADER”. ONE HUNDRED OF YOUR INHABITANTS WILL JOIN US. WE SHALL TEACH THEM TO RESPECT ALL BEINGS,AND ALL FORMS OF LIFE. THEY WILL LEARN TO RESPECT ALL PLANETS,AND NOT TO DESTROY”.ONCE THEY HAVE LEARNED. THEY WILL BE SENT BACK TO REPOPULATE YOUR PLANET”.


AND WHO WILL THESE INHABITANTS BE”? Asked the Embarrassed President.


YOU SHALL BE NOTIFIED ONCE THE TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE”. THE COUNSEL HAS CONCLUDED THAT YOUR PLANET BE ERADICATED BY YOUR OWN HANDS”.


The mother-ship began to spin faster with its satellites moving even faster. And with that-they were gone,as if they were never there. President Pride was shaking all over. She put her head in her hands and began to shed tears. The phones were ringing off the hook,but she didn't answer, There were knocks at the door. She yelled,Go away”!! She slowly stood up and staggered to her desk. There laid a list with nothing other than names. One hundred names.


Vicki Johnson.

Susan Stone.

Major David P. Kellerman.

Doctor Antonio Vincent.

Lori Vincent.

Dr. Steven Frank.

Professor Virgil Krantz.

Captain Andy Hill.

Commander Dan Rogers.

And Ninety one others,who were simply. THE CHOSEN...





THANKS TO WIKIPEDIA FOR THE MEANING OF LINGUA-FRANCA.



STORY BY JOHN ROBINSON... I wish to be one of the CHOSEN...



THANKS...



© 2018 john Robinson


Author's Note

john Robinson
Just think of the impossible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

943 Views
Added on June 24, 2016
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, humanity, love, peace, happiness, destruction

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing