YOU NEVER GET IT BACK, BUT YOU MAKE UP FOR IT.

YOU NEVER GET IT BACK, BUT YOU MAKE UP FOR IT.

A Story by john Robinson
"

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

"

 

 

 

YOU NEVER GET IT BACK, BUT YOU MAKE UP FOR IT.

 

 

Life is all about winning and losing. You lose a step, but take two bigger steps. Or you take a couple of giant steps and fall on your face. You gain material, you lose material.


 You lose a girlfriend and gain a wife. You lose a boyfriend and gain… Nothing

 You lose a family member, friend, pet. You can never get it back, so you must make up for it. You’re going to need something to fill that void. This resolution is different with every human being.


 Many go the dark route. Money, drugs, alcohol, promiscuous sex. Violence, abuse

 Now there’s nothing wrong with money, just how you get it. Drugs and alcohol will kill you, but if your happy, keep your wits about, stay out of jail, and don’t hurt someone. Then just do it. 


 Don’t think that you’re the greatest driver in the world, so of course you can drive a bit intoxicated. I’ve seen the dead bodies. It’s not worth it. I’ve tried to kill myself three times. I love weed and alcohol. I refused the NYPD Academy because I like to smoke weed. I love to drink, and yes, I am self-medicating.

 I’ve been doing it since the age of 16, and I will now be 59. 


Most of you would say that it is the reason for my failure in life. Failure is what you make it. You folks don’t know me. Not everything has a Dr. Phil answer. I’ve made mistakes. The biggest is not being white. Watch television and listen to the radio. Even with black channels, many people on television and in radio are white... Second. 


I’m now old. I was a stupid kid with no real plan. Next. I have head problems, (Read This is my life).

 I’ve tried to drink myself to death, tried slitting my wrist, and stood on a bridge with my buddy holding me back. I was pissed. 

Pissed that I couldn’t get it all back.  My childhood, my childhood friends, my relationship with my mom, or my dad. I was losing my life. I was transitioning into another life, but I didn’t want to lose the old one. I wasn’t finished. The suicide attempts were cries for help. I was losing everything. 


Including family. As of this point, right now in my life. I will die alone. What’s wrong with that? You’re buried alone. There is no family, just my four-legged kids. I would want to be buried with them.

I think the hardest thing for anyone is to give up the old, and bring in the new. It can be the hardest thing in the world to do. 


You live all your life in a certain area, a certain way, with certain expectations. one day it’s all gone. The memories gone. All that you’ve worked for gone. All your treasures, gone. Remember the five stages of death.

 I think the five are Panic, Denial, Grief, Anger, and compromise. When we lose something, whatever it may be. We go through at least one of these stages. What do you think that the people who were robbed by Bernie Madoff thought, (Anger?) How do you feel when you have your identity stolen? (Equifax).

 It’s almost the same as death, because we as humans go through emotions.


 The people hit by Hurricane Jose, and Maria are going through a slew of emotions. It’s in these such times, that a community such as the American community, where we form a bond.  

We know that we can’t 


get it back, but we can make up for it. We are a people that can put the pieces back into place, and become even stronger.

 We know how to move forward. So, stop crying over trivial matters, and look at what your countrymen are dealing with. Kim Jon un is coming.


 Time to think as a country, and not as individuals. We are one land. We are AMERICANS, AND WE NEVER GET IT BACK, BUT WE MAKE UP FOR IT… 

I lost $800 on a vacation that I never took. I’m 4 credits away from a degree, but my tuition stopped. Now I must pay back the $25000, who a friend cosigned for me.

 My credit is about zero.  My life is full of situations. Now I know what you’re saying. I have made many a bad decision. Fact is. 9 times out of 10. I had nothing to do with it. You might call me a victim of circumstances.


 I would say that if it weren’t bad luck. I wouldn’t have no luck at all. Now I know many of my successful black community friends would beg to differ. The only thing holding a Black-man back, is the man.

 And I would say this. This fight will never end. Education is key. But not the answer. Soon America will be in a situation that will call upon all of us to stand as one. 


It will not be simply black against white, and that will be the deciding point. You can have your Chinese friends, and your Muslim friends, but when it comes down to it. Whose fighting for whom.


That’s when you find your answers. So, I can’t bring it back-but I can make up for it… What I do have is that satisfying feeling of being an animal advocate. This makes me feel as if I am giving back. 


I have three kitties, and they are my life. I lost one that was twenty-five, and another that was thirteen, but I always have my kids on my mind.

 Animals mean the world to me, sometime more than humans. Animals have a reason for aggression. People just flip out. Animals need to kill for sustenance. Humans kill, because they can. What we Americans tend to forget is Insurgents. 


We have many, and you will be surprised that when it comes down to it, who your friends are. We are a gullible naive people that want to trust. With that, we are stupid. We leave everything to our hearts.


 Peace is not long for this world. There will be another world war. So, you will lose, and never get it back, but you must make up for it. You call me an infidel. I call you an idiot. You say god wanted it this way, and I ask, when was the last time you shook his hand. I’m saying you can’t get it back. 


So, don’t call on a book to give you wisdom and understanding. Just remember, you can’t get it back, but you can make up for it…

© 2017 john Robinson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
Added on September 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 18, 2017
Tags: life, sory, jdr, tawakwan, john robinson, real non fiction, funny, serious, actual, getting there

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing