ME TOO,TIMES UP,POLITICALLY CORRECT.

ME TOO,TIMES UP,POLITICALLY CORRECT.

A Story by john Robinson
"

JUST ASKING A QUESTION

"

Girls, ladies, women of the world. I love you all, but are we not going a little off the rails? To Be upset at a song like, ”Baby it's cold outside”, is, in my opinion, a little overboard. If we start digging into the past to find things that piss us off because they are not in the now is the problem.,We can never really concentrate on the future. I totally understand where you ladies are coming from. Generations of oppression, I get it, but retaliation isn't the answer. What minorities, LGBT, and women all want is equality.


The days of violent revolution should be at an end in this country, and although there are no shots fired, there are aggressive movements turning heads. We are diplomatic enough to get our point through in other ways, protest, litigation. Society evolves, and people get smarter. This society is, unfortunately, becoming more and more politically correct. Humor has taken on a whole different face. Many comedians are afraid to go raw. We are politically correct to the point that we don't even know what politically correct is. We just know that we didn't like the joke, or statement said, or tweet. Actually. It could be anything, and somebody will always be upset and call for a ban on whatever it is. It doesn't have to be a joke. It could be anything, but it's evolution.


It's what we humans do, and we learn more and more as time goes on. From discovering fire to thinking about a mission to Mars. I will admit that there have been many a mistake made by the male world when it comes to the female world, but it shouldn't call for unnecessary retaliation, and that seems as if it is that what you ladies are exactly doing. I get it. After years of oppression. Why not? I can't argue with you there, but I kind of get the feeling that you are kicking a dead horse.


I can't expect a millennial to understand, but it's up to people like me and those of my generation to teach them. We can't let everything become political. There is humanity, and that's the important thing to understand. We don't want to tighten the belt. We want to teach acceptance, equality, understanding, and we want to remain funny at times.


Sure evolution of our American society and of the world is of the utmost importance, but we must promote understanding. We can't begin to put rules and regulations on comedy, or parody. Jesus H Christ, we can't be so damn serious. We must be able to laugh at ourselves. Once we allow the dreary day, of life, to dictate us. Then hell will overrule us. We are better than the nonsense and the noise. We can be serious, but we can laugh and laugh at one another, and laugh at ourselves. Understanding and love start with laughter. Let's not constrict talent or laughter. Let us just laugh and understand one another.... go further...


© 2018 john Robinson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on December 8, 2018
Last Updated on December 8, 2018
Tags: politics, politically correct, me too, times up, jokes, laughter, funny, why, serious, comedy, people, everyone, thinking

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing