THIS IS LIFE...NOW

THIS IS LIFE...NOW

A Story by john Robinson
"

COMPUTERS, TECHNOLOGY, PEOPLE, AND OUR THOUGHTS

"

THIS IS LIFE... NOW





Have you ever thought about where technology is taking us? You can Skype from your refrigerator. Now Facebook has Portal, and Google has it's own communication gadgets. Elon Musk is sending Ferrari's into space, and America is slowly getting ready to send people to Mars.


There are driverless cars being tested, Smart homes, Roomba. Practically every household in America has a Desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Within the next twenty years, every household will have some sort of smart device. The technological world will expand exponentially, and our world will change greatly. We are testing driverless cars, cars that turn into planes. In the future wars will not be fought on the ground or in the air.


There will be cyber wars, and the total genocide of the human race will be the goal. Yet that Karaoke bar on the corner will most likely be open. What about privacy? Can I watch porn and masturbate without the thought that big brother is watching? Are my emails being monitored? I read a report that there was a prominent web security firm that was busted for stealing customer information.


So who should we trust? I've already googled myself and found all of my information, so how hard is it for me to find yours? Be honest. You don't really think that it can happen to you. Or you feel that you are adequately protected. I once had my information stolen by a 16-year-old kid in Georgia. I pressed charges, but they probably dropped it.


What's Alexa, and Google recording? who is looking into your portal conversation as you are sharing family moments? Facebook will tell you it's safe but look at Facebook's history. Then again it really wouldn't make a difference, because a great amount of you will purchase one anyway. Allowing hackers, Facebook, Google, to enter into your world, and if they need anything. They will take it.


At first, it's an addiction. Then it becomes a part of your body. It's always in your hand. You pay more attention to it than you do to your peers. It lets you know many steps you have taken on the day and encourages you to take more. It has your heart rate. 


You have a physical problem if it suddenly wasn't there. It's your life, everything is on it. everything. And you need a new security app. You can go live to mom and pops. The Hackers can go live to you. We need to use technology, not lose ourselves in technology. 


We will eventually have no choice other than to familiarize ourselves with the future. Because it will knock down our doors and demand to be heard. And if you're not listening. You will be left out.


 Buckle up. It will be a fun ride, but a dangerous ride. A ride where danger takes on a different meaning. Yet it will do just as much damage. It becomes more of a mental game but can have devastating physical effects. This is not a joke. This is life...

© 2018 john Robinson


Author's Note

john Robinson
She runs maintenance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on December 9, 2018
Last Updated on December 9, 2018
Tags: COMPUTERS, PEOPLE, TECHNOLOGY, WEB, INTERNET, ELON MUSK, MARS, ROBOTS, HOUSEHOLDS, DRIVERLESS CARS, SPACE SHIPS, MOON

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing