Wash

Wash

A Poem by Fire&Ice

Speckles of steam splinter on my wrists.

I feel molten droplets sitting on the tip of my nose,

the skin on the tops of my thighs burns red.

 

My slippery eyes point at the plastic wall.

My spine bends like a fishing rod,

but the hook dangling from the top,

catches nothing. 

© 2011 Fire&Ice


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh of those short but sweet.
Totally rad, I like ambiguity of the imagery.
At first I thought it was sorrow, crying, and self mutilation in the poem.
Then I just saw the imagery of a beautiful woman in the shower washing her hair as she reflects on life in dissatisfaction- in her mind to the point where she no longer feels the burn of the hot water.

Also I related in the sense of how I think so deeply in the shower, and though I leave refreshed, all that deep thought seems to drift away with the steam.
Really meaningful, and in so little words.
Talent. :)100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

different interpretations possible in the ambiguity. at first i thought of cutting/self mutilation. i read that she is wanting to rid/cleanse herself of something unpleasant that she has difficulty accepting. my favorite part is the fishing rod analogy - she is bent over in her anguish. she must not find what she is searching for because it didn't catch anything ... :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


The most lovely woman I have ever known used to go to the shower to cry... She was vibrant and happy all the time (to the world). Yet, she sorrowed and longed in the the nakedness of her shower. A place of safety and vulnerability. I think only I knew this about her...
Anyhow, reading this lovely poem, I see her pain. I also see her desire to find something solid to grasp.
So, now I come to the author.
Your page begs us to read and review this specific poem. You want us to see this... to really see a truth about what inspired you to write, (At least for now).
I see a person sitting in the shower, her tears lost in the flood of water rushing past closed eyes. Maybe the tears are already gone, and the shower is doing the crying for a soul to spent to find its own tears. The mind searching from a hanging head. Resignation To the dreams washing down the drain...

Thus, the title, not to be clean, but rather life is a "wash" of hopes and dreams.
Insuring look at a person's heart and soul, captured in a moment of exposed honesty.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wonderful feeling of wash under steam makes me refreshed and pure.
I hope this is also your catch.
Well done,F&I.

Posted 10 Years Ago


An interesting piece indeed. I like the little snapshot of life, and the imagery and similie that you have used is something I haven't seen before. This is unique...very nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh of those short but sweet.
Totally rad, I like ambiguity of the imagery.
At first I thought it was sorrow, crying, and self mutilation in the poem.
Then I just saw the imagery of a beautiful woman in the shower washing her hair as she reflects on life in dissatisfaction- in her mind to the point where she no longer feels the burn of the hot water.

Also I related in the sense of how I think so deeply in the shower, and though I leave refreshed, all that deep thought seems to drift away with the steam.
Really meaningful, and in so little words.
Talent. :)100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to reread this a few times, each time, I kinda saw different imagery, but the tag, Shower gives me the impression of a person trapped in deep thought. I can see a person lurching forward to the wall, while the residue of the past moments seem to be wearing off, but I find myself wondering just what is he or she thinking in this moment, although that may very well be what the ending of your poem is telling, the hook dangling at the top catches nothing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

596 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 25, 2011
Tags: rain, fire, shower, sad, romance, heat, life

Author

Fire&Ice
Fire&Ice

MA



About
"You've got enemies? Good. That means you actually stood up for something in your life." more..

Writing
My Room My Room

A Poem by Fire&Ice


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Fire&Ice



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm All I'm All

A Poem by Sami Khalil