For You

For You

A Poem by Thomas Philmore Jackson
"

One person telling the love of their life, just how they feel and coming to realize that at some point, this person faced fact that loving wasn't enough!

"

I love you, and will for the rest of my life... but for you it was not enough.

It's difficult to forget the times we share. I woke every morning knowing you would be there, but now when I wake I cannot see you. The sad part is I no longer cast a tear. At some point I will find someone to love more then you, but for right now I still love you.

At night I lie awake thinking of you. Remembering the time I was able to have you. Memories we once shared, your sweet voice, the warmth of your body, your tender embrace. All are imprinted memories, dreams I had of us, now and forever lost. May they never come to be?

I sit here staring out on the distant mountains. Thinking of all the infinite possibilities that just couldn't be seen, thus I will end here for now. And one day when my children ask me if there was ever someone I truly loved. I will look into their eyes and speak...

In the time I have visited this earth, I have never loved anyone more then I love you. I once did love this one woman with all my heart, all my soul, but for her that was still not enough.

© 2010 Thomas Philmore Jackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

so much pain and angst...it is very touching i wish i could review this longer...i am just so tired today...but i like it a lot...
a suggestion the format is more apt for a story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
1 Review
Added on May 5, 2010
Last Updated on May 5, 2010
Tags: love, you, enough, life, for

Author

Thomas Philmore Jackson
Thomas Philmore Jackson

Washington, DC



About
Currently writing new poems and editing stories. Lost my host for my story site, searching for a new one. Also working on my first book. "Exposed" will be filled with my poetry. Print date TBD. more..

Writing