Friends

Friends

A Story by theresa
"

The different types of friends we have.

"
Over the course of our lifetime we develop many types of friendships. There are those who are more like casual acquaintances than friends in the truest sense of the word. There are friends who we may spend some time with, socialize with in a fun, lighthearted way but not as deep or as abiding as our closest friends. There is the bond with someone we know very well whom we trust with our deepest and most private thoughts, ideas and emotions. True friendship transcends age and gender.  Our closest and dearest friends love us for who we are, without judging us or trying to change us. They are there for us during our greatest joys and our deepest sorrows and we are there for them in the same way.   Friendships ebb and flow with the rhythm of our lives. Sometimes we see each other often and then there are long gaps of time when we have no contact whatsoever and the friendship endures through it all. It is not always the amount of time we spend with any of these types of friends but rather the depth of our affection that matters the most. We do not know what the future holds so it is important to appreciate our friends for they are a cherished part of our lives; not to be taken for granted. Please feel free to share, if you are so inspired.

© 2015 theresa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 13, 2015
Last Updated on July 13, 2015

Author

theresa
theresa

Woodstock, ON, Canada



About
My name is Theresa and I write a blog called Be Inspired with Theresa which I share with others by e-mail, Facebook and Kindspring.org I write about my observations about many things that affect our l.. more..

Writing