For him

For him

A Story by Anonymous Me

I'm so tired. TIred of hurting, mostly. Tired of breathing. Every morning i wake with an elephant seated uncomfortably on my chest. They say that that is what a heart attack feels like, and i secretly wish that it was one. A heart attack would be easier, simpler. Faster. I hate myself for wanting to die because all he ever wanted was for me to live.
So i roll that ugly elephant off of my chest, somehow. And breath finds it's way to my lungs, and it sets my heart to beating out that painful little tune. I get out of bed, and maybe i even get dressed. I'll take a shaky spoon full of food that i won't even taste to my mouth, and i'll chew mindlessly and feel that slimy substance sliding down my throat, blocking my air passages for one glorious moment. But when that glorious moment is over, i think with much regret about how i just extended my life span. but i take a second bite, and a third, for him. Only for him.

© 2012 Anonymous Me


Author's Note

Anonymous Me
I'm sorry. I'm not normally this sad

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its sad, but its a beauty to read, god job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw...This is totally emotional...I felt the heart ache in...I'm so sorry if you're feeling this sad...Guess we're just experiencing the same feeling... :(
Anyway, great write...
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012

Author

Anonymous Me
Anonymous Me

About
i have a lot of things to write here but none that I feel that you really need to know. I guess i can tell you that i love to write. It's the only time when i am truly forthcoming. I've been told that.. more..

Writing