The Bellefleur Mansion

The Bellefleur Mansion

A Chapter by teanami
"

Eva meets the Bellefleur's. (young adult) (vampire)

"

“Hff ha ha ha!” “Run!” Loud footsteps could be heard all around me as I ran towards the tunnels. I looked quickly behind me, they were catching up. “Oomph!” I landed on my hands and knees, blocking my face from the fall. My right ankle hit the pavement wrong and I could feel the pain. Glancing back I had tripped over some rubble on the ground.


“Eva!” I looked up and Luke had stopped running, looking back at me in horror. “Forget her it's too late!” Someone yelled from a distance. I knew with my ankle we both wouldn't make it so I signaled him to keep going. Hesitantly he ran off to catch up with the rest of the group.


I sighed, rolling onto my left side. Footsteps could be heard coming closer and closer. I looked up and glowered at it. “Little lost lamb got separated from the pack.” He smiled as he grabbed my arm to bring me up. I limped as he dragged me along. In the distance I could see a transportation vehicle. He opened the back and pushed me inside, shutting the door. Around me were other people of various ages. I looked to the man next to me. “Do you know where they're taking us?” “I overheard them talking about the Bellefleur Mansion.” I sat back, closed my eyes and let out a sigh. I wasn't paying attention. If I did I wouldn't be here right now.


The carriage stopped and they opened the back door. “Come on everyone out! Hurry up!” I limped out and stopped where they instructed me to. Looking up we were in front of a beautiful mansion. It was glorious. I'd been sleeping in tunnels and all the secret hiding spots you could think of so seeing even a house would have amazed me. You could see a garden behind the gates and out of curiosity I was looking forward to it, although being in this predicament wasn't the best way in which to see it.


“Follow me!” I was first in line and followed his instruction. My ankle was killing me and with each step I could feel the pain grow. The gates opened and we headed inside. It was beautiful. There were apple trees, flowers of many types and colors. Purple, pink, yellow, gold and white. The grass was perfectly trimmed and there was a birdbath to the left and a little fountain to the right. All of a sudden my heart sank. I had no idea why we were here. Who knows what they want. The best scenerio would be that they needed servants but who knows what these beasts wanted. We got to the front doorstep and were told to stop. “Let them know they have arrived.” We waited about 10 minutes until he had returned. “They're ready in the common room.” “Alright follow me!” We walked into the mansion towards a large room. It was furnished with a lovely red living room set. The couch was a brighter red with gold trimming, with the rug being red and white and various other colors with swirly designs. There were some paintings hung up of who I can only guess were some of the vampires who first lived in this place.


In front of us stood a family of vampires. There were six of them. The two at the far right looked to be the parents, next stood three males each similar in age and next to them was a little girl smiling happily at us humans. The woman spoke. “Lorn, you first.” One of the males walked out of the pack and walked slowly towards the end of the line. That meant I was last. I peeked down the row to see him sizing up each human he passed. No one was looking at him as he did so, they stared down at their feet or to the side. He got closer and closer and closer and finally he was in front of me. I looked him in the face. His ears were quite long, they pointed out a bit and looked almost like elves ears to me. His eyes were slitted, the color of emerald green. He had an oblong and pronounced face with a square jaw.  His hair was medium length, but not too long. His eyebrows were dark and that only seemed to make his stare more entrancing. I'd almost forgotten where I was and that I hated the creature in front of me. I glared. “This one.” He spoke, as he walked out of the room and disappeared. Not knowing I was holding my breathe I let it out in relief. The woman rang a bell and three maids came walking in. “Take this one to the empty room next to Lorn's.” “Yes ma'm.” One of them said as she scampered up to me and took my arm, leading me away from the rest of the group. I'd hate to think what they would do with the ones who aren't picked.



© 2015 teanami


Author's Note

teanami
Anything, thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

After that intro, I'm certainly interested in seeing more of just what this mansion is and what it's inhabitants are like.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

teanami

8 Years Ago

Thank you! If I can improve on anything let me know. :)
teanami

8 Years Ago

Also, I started reading yours but I have to go to bed so I'll review it tomorrow.
pancake_monster

8 Years Ago

Thank you, and I intend to read the second chapter tomorrow, so I'll post there anything I can think.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on July 12, 2015
Last Updated on July 13, 2015
Tags: fantasy, teen, young adult, vampire, vampires, romance


Author

teanami
teanami

About
I'm trying new things, writing, singing, drawing, so any feedback would be nice. Bye bye for now! more..

Writing
Cherry Blossoms Cherry Blossoms

A Chapter by teanami