Heaven, A Place Of Dreams And Spiders

Heaven, A Place Of Dreams And Spiders

A Story by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

Sometimes it is hard to beleive, other times it is easier.

"
I slowly walked through the door that clearly said 'No Entry'. As I pushed the door open an uneasy feeling settled over as the cold wind blew over me. The room was dark, really dark, but I could make out an image at the back of the room. While I walked, I felt the feeling that a dreaded most, spider webs. I turned around to face the open door again, to just run out of the webs that clung to my face. With a feeling of fear, dissolution and all the other stomach drop feelings I received I couldn't find the door I entered. Panic rose inside of me as the little light source I had faded to the dark black I hated.
"Is this a dream?" my cry out was loud and I couldn't help but do it two or three times more. The black and silent room felt as if it was falling down onto me, I couldn't move. Not for the fact that I didn't know where I was, but that my legs became numb from fear.
"This is not a dream," a dreary voice said in the darkness of the room. All my senses were dampened except for my hearing. The voice came from straight ahead; I worked out in my head. I don't know how I knew it I just did. With all the energy and power left in my body that I possessed, I lunged myself forward. But the outcome wasn't what I have reckoned for. My face met the floor first and then the total weight of my body next. The funny thing, I didn't feel any physical pain. Call me a freak; I only felt a deep sting in my heart. I tried to stand up but like in all stories I couldn't get up.
"God, this... I don't know what to do," I said after a while. My body felt numb from top to bottom including my head; I couldn’t move at all.
"Get it off, oh God, just get it off!" I screamed when I suddenly felt something crawl onto my face. The long legs walked over my face like it owned me, but the thing I feared more than death, was spiders. I cried out my mom's, dad's sister's and even my grandmother's names for help, but I was gullible thinking that they would even vaguely hear me. Not even helping me.
I started to blow profoundly, trying to get it off, but the attempts were futile. My head lay still on the cold ground and I couldn't move it.
A nauseating feeling settled on the bottom of my stomach when I felt the spider trying to creep into my nose.
"God, please help me. Please, please, please." That was the only thing I managed to say when I couldn't take it anymore. Like in some kind of movie, a bright shining light shone over me. I tried to look into it and thought I saw a face in it. As my hopes gained more and more confidence that someone heard me calling for them, I cried out again, but this time the voice didn’t want to leave my furious body, agitated with fear. An unfamiliar sound startled me and even the spider. The light quickly faded out to the dark black shadows again as it hit the ground next to me. Some of the hot glass of the light fell onto my shoulder and I could feel it burn; not swore but I could feel it. My mind was running through everything I have ever done in my life when I felt my feet again after the burns. With delight, but fear still causing through me, I stood up from the ground. My hands reached my face with the speed of light and moved in all directions to get the sensations made by the spider off.
"Do you even know me, son?" a voice startled me while I was busy hitting my face. I looked around me but all I could see was the black shades of - black. A quiet, but sad sigh approached my ears after a couple of minute’s silence. The strange feeling in my heart appeared again and I shed a tear. It rolled down my cheek, leaving behind a single line of dampened skin, onto the floor. I could hear the drop hit it with a distinctive 'splash' sound. I didn't understand anything. What was going on? Is this a dream or some kind of sick reality horror I found myself in. What happened to my room?
"You are safe with me," the voice said again in a much more positive and hoarse voice. "Do you believe it?" I walked closer to the sound but couldn’t see anything. "Don’t come closer, you won’t see anything."
"Are you real," I tried to say but I think all that escaped my mouth was something in the line of 'ah real'.
I felt my sensed coming back ever so slightly even my sight. The room didn't look so dark anymore and I felt the presence of another person in the room stronger than ever. I turned around to look in all the directions but couldn’t see anything except that I was in an old warehouse.
In front of me was the second door I saw when I walked in. I felt the urge to open it, but the other halve of me beckoned me away. Why?
The firm grip around the door knob tightened to a strong clench and then a jerk. It was locked. My hands quickly pulled the spider webs away, and cleaned the dust off the door. On the door was a plastic board nailed with three nails; two on the top and one on the bottom-middle. The dust was thick and the image eroded, but I could clearly manage to see what was on it. Engraved in black ink, the head of Jesus with the thorn crown on his head. I fell backwards on the back of my hands into someone’s lap. Someone caught me. I forgot about the face I saw and diverted my mind to who caught me. I looked up and saw the same face as on the door. I started to see the thick black again, but this time it was my own body that made the black. All the feelings of fear and nausea fell away into the arms of the black out. My eyes closed; I felt my body fainting, the black increased to a solid black cloud of dizziness.
"...over green pastures. There will be fresh water to drink and cities of gold..."
My eyes opened up to the storage room with dismayed faith. I couldn’t believe I was still here. This is not a dream then.
"You have woken," the smile of young girl was the second thing I saw. I sat up straight to look for the person that looked like the plastic sign, but we were the only two in the room. The room looked different as well; much cleaner, more light coming from somewhere. And the door was missing.
"Who-... who..."
"Who am I?" she said in a reassuring voice when I looked up into her eyes. "I'm Hannah." the same smile stretched over her face as she looked at my confused face. Her hand slowly moved over my head when I felt everything spin again. My eyes closed quickly and my head crashed down onto the pillow.
"You're awake! Oh God, thank you!" The familiar voice of my mother woke me up. I couldn't move, but I could see her face covered with the smeared mascara and tears flowing like rivers down her cheeks. "You were almost dead, the doctors said they couldn’t do anything more, but we never left your side. And look, God gave you back!" I didn’t understand really what she meant with the last sentence, but I didn’t think it was important. In time I was to find out.
It was six months after the surgery, and the dream. I sat in church for the first time since then, or it was the first day out of the hospital. I relapsed and fell into a coma for 3 months, but fully healed after that; my heart
beating powerfully after the last operation.
"And you should know that you will walk over green pastures. There will be fresh water to drink and cities of gold waiting on the other side of the hill." A naus
eating feeling settled the pit of my stomach when I heard that sentence standing out above the other. A feeling of déjà vu fell over the nausea and I tried to listen to what the priest said afterwards.
"You will know when you stand before the door of right and wrong, God will be there with you and you will need to follow the narrow path of life..."
Things became clearer to me. I sat on the chair between hundreds of people, but suddenly felt alone. I felt like I was the only one there in the building, sitting on the exact same chair.
"God won't let you fall astray, He will keep on fishing for you, and He will keep on sending shepherds to fetch you from the mountains of the devil."
I died that night. I died. I was standing with Jesus at the door I needed to enter. But it was locked. My life wasn't on the right path; I wasn't on the narrow path.
"You will constantly find yourself in harm’s way, the devil will find you and your weaknesses because..."
God spared my soul from dying. He fetched me and told me to get ready. I felt the same dizzy feeling I had when I blacked out in the storage room entering my body. The sounds of the Priest's voice dampened and fell to a silent murmur. Then it stopped abruptly. My eyes stayed open for a while. I could see the faces of the people standing above me with shock filled in their eyes. I could see their mouths open and close, but no sound came from them. The beating in my chest slowed down with each beat, I could feel the same pain in my heart as that night. I closed my eyes and blew out the last breath. I felt the life being pulled out of my body.

© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


Author's Note

((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
errors? all help will be appreciated... dont read it like a christian thing, but a story =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing story even with the christian thing. I like it even though it ended with death.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This story has a very clean flow, it makes sense and leaves you guessing towards the start. I think you have found a decent style that suits you, and I really enjoy something a little different than all the broken love poems and clichéd stories you usually find. All I would suggest is similar to my other review, seperating the paragraphs makes it easier to divide and read, it looks less like a block of writing which can be a little more confusing or intimidating.

Thanks a bunch for sharing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... you certainty held my attention in this story, it was in a way so uplifting and beautiful as well as suspenseful. And oh I do not like spiders. Haha, but you wrote spiders well in this story.

Possible corrections:
that I dreaded most
"While I walked, I felt the feeling that a dreaded most, spider webs."
i think you meant to insert a comma between "dad's, sister's"
" I cried out my mom's, dad's sister's and even my grandmother's names for help,"
senses instead of sensed
"I felt my sensed coming back ever so slightly even my sight. "
half instead of halve
" I felt the urge to open it, but the other halve of me beckoned me away."

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


realistic that I can easily relate myself!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Exceptional and very errie. Proper job mate. Proper job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i loved it ......it was amazing

Posted 12 Years Ago


(: I enjoyed it the whole time he was in trouble I was upset think
Where in the world is his angel!?
The story ofcourse had a few tiny errors but it's grammar I throw grammar to the wind(:
It kept me intrigued and my favorite part was the spiders
"call me a freak" but I love spiders I'll teach you how to love them too!

Amazing story
Xoxo
~"angel" abbie
100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on December 23, 2011