Where are you, Dad?

Where are you, Dad?

A Chapter by Tess Lauren
"

What is Aditi running away from? Will she ever find the truth about herself? She is playing with danger. What happens when she falls in love with the danger she is asked to stay away from? Will Aditi

"
"Run Honey. Run as far as you can. We are not safe here." Dad yelled.

"But I cant leave you here, Dad." I cried.

"Just go with them honey. You will be safe. They will guard you. I promise, I will come back soon." Dad said.

"You promise?" I asked him again.

"Yes honey. Just remember, whenever you see this symbol, it will mean danger. You should stay away from it. Do you understand?" Dad asked.

"Yes dad. Please come back soon" I cried.

"I will dear. Take her to the safe house and do what you are told to." Dad ordered the guards.

I looked back at him with tears in my eyes. Dad just nodded his head to assure me that he will be back.

Its been three years since this incident happened. I have had nightmares since. Every single day I hope for him to come home. We flew to India from England after that incident. I did my high school here and now I am here at the top most university to learn arts in Mumbai. I had to study well to make my living. I entered the university with my scholarship.

"Are you ready for your first day at college, sweetheart?" Richard asked me.

"I am, Mr. Richard. Can you drop Juno at his school today?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure. But make sure he doesnt make it late. I have to go to work early today." he said.

"I will take care of that." I replied him.

Mr. Richard has been our guardian since dad left us. He never married and has been with us like a father. We never heard from dad after that incident. Mr. Richard has always been there for me and my brother. Mother left us when we were young. She died in a car accident and I dont know much about it because that is what dad told us.

Juno is my younger brother. He was not at that incident as he was not with us that night. He was safe at our safe house already that night. He is still at school although he is just one year younger than me. We have stopped fighting much as we know we have to be there for each other. Juno has always listened to me. He is also a topper at his school and knows that he should be a good person to build our family.

"Juno!!! Open the door. It is already seven. You are going with Mr. Richard today." I say knocking at the door.

"I am already up." he says opening the door.

"The breakfast is on the table. I have already packed your lunch. Mr. Richard will take you to school today." I tell him.

"Why?" he asks me back.

"I have to go early today. It is my first day at the college. I have to be on time atleast." I tell him as I pack my bag.

"Ok, go safe and have fun." he tells me.

I enter the college. I wore a black jean and a white top and a jean jacket to my first day. I see people introducing themselves to each other. I can see them by appearance that they are f*****g rich. I see BMWs , Audis, Jaguars lined up in the parking. I have got this seat through merit. Although Mr. Richard takes care of us well, I work multiple part time jobs to make my own living. I dont want us to be a burden for Mr. Richard. He does not know about my part time jobs and if he knows I am done.

I see a girl walking towards me.

"Hey! I am Aishaa. Aishaa Hassan. You look pretty lonely here." She says smiling.

Loneliness isnt a new thing for me though. But yes, I was just lost in my thoughts that I forgot to take my phone out to not look lonely.

"Hi. I was just lost in my thoughts. Nice name between, Aishaa." I tell her.

"Which department are you in?" she asks me.

"Commerce and you?" I ask her.

"OMG! I am also here for that s**t buddy!" she shouts gathering the corridors attention.

"Oh thats nice. But, can we talk a little lower?" I ask her whispering.

"OH! I am sorry and that was not even my loudest noise." She tells me laughing.

"I can get used to that I guess." I tell her.

She laughs a little.

"Oh hey! You didnt tell me your name. Whats your name, pretty face?" she asks me.

"I am Aditi. Aditi Granger." I tell her.

"Well thats a weird name though. Let me call you Addu! Is that okay?" she asks me.

"Yeah sure." I tell her.

We could hear the bell ring. We started leaving to our class while we heard a heavy sound.

"He has started it again." Aishaa tells me.

"Who has started what again?" I ask her.

"Are you sure you dont know him?" Aishaa asks me back.

"I dont know anyone here." I tell her.

"Ok. There is this one senior guy with whom we should not mess with. He is dangerous and handsome. Make sure you do not mess with any of his pikachus too." She tells me.

"Pikachus?" I laugh.

"Yeah , I meant the people around him. They will agree even if he says he was the one who made this universe." She tells me.

I laugh.

"I am sure we will not get in his way. I guess, we dont have to worry about him." I tell her.

"Are you sure that you dont wanna see this hot guy before we leave?" she asks me.

"Come on Aishaa, it is late already. Lets go." I tell her as I drag her with me.


© 2020 Tess Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm wondering what is the incident? Why did the father have to leave? I wish that there was more description about the incident. I also think the chapter would improve with more description. I feel this chapter relies a bit too much on dialogue.
Anyway it was an interesting chapter to read. I'm interested in learning more about the story!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
1 Review
Added on May 13, 2020
Last Updated on May 13, 2020
Tags: #love, #romance, #gangster, #mystery, #magic, #fantasy