Unawaited Relationships

Unawaited Relationships

A Chapter by thalia
"

Feelings have always been in the form of a triangle for Lola. This time,too, she gets into a new triangle of confused emotions. She meets a new person that catches her attention for a special reason

"

The sun was shining so bright yet for a whole minute, Rael’s eyes overpowered her. I saw them again, and they were as beautiful as ever. That hallway felt like heaven for that minute, the students around us felt seemed like flowers spread around. He was casually talking with his friends, and for the first time he looked back at my eyes. I felt like I was going to fly from how happy I was. That magical moment was interrupted by a guy bumping into my shoulder. 

“Oh no! I’m so sorry” the guy was laughing either at me or at my papers on the floor that he just knocked down.

“People are also walking around. Open your eyes!” I was so mad because he ruined my moment. 

A moment that seemed crazy amazing only for me. Not for him, not for my friend, not for the students walking around. Only for Lola Violet.

“I said I’m sorry. Why are you getting mad at me? It was also your fault” he was also getting mad, how funny!

“FINE. Just go” my mood was ruined, I wanted to keep my rebuttal clean at the very least. 

‘so everything is normal. He’s here, he has friends, he’s happy. Perfect’ I was reassuring myself I don’t exactly know about what. Then I went to my first English Literature class, and to my bad luck, there he was, sitting comfortably gazing at me like I have murder someone. The filthy guy from an hour ago was giving me an incredibly bad vibe. I looked around to find a seat, but the only empty seat was the one in front of that guy. 

Without making eye contact, I went and sat down. He didn’t say a single word throughout the whole class, so of course, I was happy. 

“Hey, I’m so sorry about this morning. I swear I wasn’t laughing at you” here we go again. 

“it’s ok,” I said “it was nothing” then I smiled and turned around to leave.

“My name is Austin. Austin Wood. I hope we get along” at a second sight, he seemed like an alright kind of guy.

“Lola Violet,” I held out my hand for a handshake “nice to meet you”

From that day onwards, I became best friends with Austin. This wasn’t a movie, so we didn’t become friends because of that small accident. It felt like we were meant to become friends, we were so similar. Similar in feelings, attitude and even love life. After a month we became inseparable. We told each other everything that was happening in our lives. 

He told me about the girl he’s been asking out for 2 years.

“I started crushing on her when we were like 9. Hahaha. Can you believe that? We’ve been friends ever since though.” Austin confessed this little secret while smiling like it was something to easy and insignificant. But I understood him well. That smile was a tear in disguise. 

“you’re not going to believe if I tell you that I have it worse than you, Austin” I said with a similar bitter smile.

I told him about Rael’s story, but I refused to tell him which guy Rael was. 

I didn’t even realize 4 out of 12 weeks were left for the semester to be over. 

Every day of those 8 passing weeks, I would see Real and get sadder and sadder. I was fine. I was getting used to the pain I would feel in my heart every time I got a glimpse of him. 

Austin, one day, told me that he’d become friends with Rael “on the day of the orientation”.

It felt peculiar that he was telling me about their friendship days after I told him about my heartbreaking love life. I brushed it off because I didn’t want to ruin the friendship because of Rael.

After 1 week, I got an email from one of my teachers asking me to meet him. So I went to his office.

“Welcome Lola. It’s nice to see the genius of my class in my office” he greeted me happily.

“Thank you, Mr. Fritz. I never visit because your style of teaching never leaves room for questions’

“so it’s my fault. It’s ok, Lola,” he laughed “anyway, do you know why I emailed you?” I almost forgot why I was in his office.

“Is it about the project?” There was rumors about a one semester long project that involved creating a machine that connects the laws of magnetism, electricity, and heat transfer to potentially save the universe. 

I was all in for these types of projects, but I couldn’t deny how far the university was going to get attention from the media. Inviting freshmen students to be a part of that project was a completely disastrous idea. 

“Yes, we’re trying to scout all the top students in the engineering department and ….” I stopped listening. Mr. Fritz was an incredible teacher and human being, but he talked a lot. “So, are you in?”

“Of course, how am I going to miss out on a project that phenomenal?!” At that point, I just wanted to get out and avoid spending a full hour in that dark and gloomy office.

“Be in the conference room of the main building by 11am tomorrow,…”

“Ok, sir. See you then” I just ran outside.

The next day came and I was barely exited about the project. That was a new thing because I would get excited about the simplest ideas in no time. I felt disappointed in myself and felt that sadness and shame of it with every nerve in my body. ‘is this what my life has become? Is this the scary adulthood that everyone was warning me about?’ I had so many questions and so little energy and enthusiasm that I simply gave up and decided to attend the meeting.

I felt like Rael was going to be there because his mother was a math teacher, and Rael was really smart in math and physics, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up and expect good things. I went in without thinking about who was going to be in that room. 

I went in and I wanted to come out and run away right away, but I was already committed to the whole project. When I entered, I saw Austin which was a surprise to me because he never talked about it. I was happy he was there. But Rael was also there. I couldn’t believe my eyes. So many things passed my mind in span of the two seconds that I stood at the door step and scanned the room. That bright smile. I already knew what was coming up. A lot of tears, melt down and very fast heart rates.

“Lola, you’re finally here! Welcome” the only excited person in the room welcomed me.

“Yes, thank you, Mr. Fritz” was I really welcomed there? 



© 2019 thalia


Author's Note

thalia
This book is very close to my, I dare to say more than my other pieces, so I didn't want to rush anything, I wanted to express each word combined with true and honest feelings. thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

and you did a great job on it,i enjoyed it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 22, 2019
Last Updated on March 22, 2019
Tags: love, hate, fiction, death, pain, longing, feelings


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia