Tuesday Musing

Tuesday Musing

A Poem by Kimberley
"

Just some remnants of a broken heart.

"
I don't think love is for suckers, or fools.
I think love is for warriors.
People who know that the ashes from fireworks have to land somewhere and they're willing to trek out to the open field and clean up the mess with just a dustpan and good faith.
Faith that this work will be worth it.
Faith that it's not as bad as it looks.
But what if it's that bad, and worse?
What if her fireworks weren't fireworks at all?
Just homemade explosives mixed improperly so there's no beautiful boom, just an earth shake that leaves you looking around for the car crash that caused it.
What if every concern is met with posturing and raised fur?
Fight or flight and she doesn't run.
What if the curves of her body exist only to distract from the barbed wire on her tongue?
Watching your hands move over her as if she were porcelain, not knowing the most dangerous part is hidden beneath her lips.
What if she is careless with your heart and careful with thoughtless comments you made between gaps in conversation?
What if loving her is like driving behind someone who forgot to turn their blinker off six blocks ago?
Irritating for no other reason than it's not you making the mistake.
What if then?
Because I have been the both the boat and the storm and I tell you with complete confidence, the boat has the easier journey.

© 2017 Kimberley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is delightful, and very amusing in places. :0)

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 21, 2017

Author

Kimberley
Kimberley

About
Vonnegut said you really only write for one person. Funny that I would write for the one person who could fix me and I wouldn't need to write anymore. more..

Writing
Now Now

A Poem by Kimberley