Cheerfully ambiguous

Cheerfully ambiguous

A Poem by thecoolone52
"

my gambling poem vegas style baby

"

 

Cheerfully ambiguous
 
A thrill like no other
Betting all your money
On a number
Watching everything you earned
Nearly fade away
Unlike the addiction you’re filling
Which always wants to play
The stud in the suit spins the globe
Thirty grand on eight
With no chance to fold
The dial starts to strike
 red and black
You smile at the sky
There’s no turning back
It repels on three
Slowing past four and five
The adrenaline starts to rise
Six is blatantly passed by
Seven is a vacation the dial wants to visit
But the momentum is too much
With eight locking in the submission
When all the chips are finally pushed your way
A look of anguish slips from your face
 
 

© 2008 thecoolone52


Author's Note

thecoolone52
as a gambler i feel like win or loose its all about the crazy bets i make sometimes the outcome doesnt even matter to me (oh i stole the pic from some Dicksomethings.com from google again dont sue me)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

sharp, clean, colourful, suspenseful. can a poem be clean? yes!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is great! I like the colors as well. I'm not a gambler but I'll go with someone and watch them lose sometimes. There's a new casino about 7 miles from me and I've never been in it. haha. I'd rather gamble my money at the mall on makeup and skincare items. LOL.
Your poem is well written and captures the excitement of gambling!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like this poem.. i like gambling too and it is the thrill of the bet .. love the way you structured this ..
Chloe
xoxo

I don't see a pic tho?

Posted 16 Years Ago


You captured the feeling in so many ways. I'm not really a gambler but have a close friend that is, he plays blackjack for a cpl days at a time and later offers me the suite the boat offers him so he'll come do it again. He never takes the room, he just gives it away.

It's the prettiest hotel room I've ever saw, I swear it is. Nicely written, as always.

(and thank you for the reviews xx)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I admit, there is a rush like no other in being on that line of winning or losing. Many years ago, there was a pinball machine that paid off. It was in the back corner of Freddie's restaraunt. The more dimes you fed it, the higher the odds. I spent all day there. I would hit it for $150..then drop $160. When I walked out I had dropped 3000 dimes. If I would have found a sharp piece of glass in the lot, it would have been all over. lol. That feeling stopped me from being a gambler. This is a cool piece because you capture that thrill. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is something I know little about - other than poker tee hee - but I see where you are coming from and it is well expressed. Thanks - fun poem - I enjoyed the ride.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


This is great. As the other reviewers said it takes you on that journey, like you just placed that bet and the agony as the ball is bouncing around the wheel. You set the scene very well. Exciting read.


Posted 16 Years Ago


Good imagery! I felt MY adrenaline go up just reading it! eyepoetress Barbara Walker

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like the tone of this. it's really kinda stressful, as if you're sitting right there w/ your life-savings on the line. good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

thecoolone52
thecoolone52

Mech., PA



About
I like to write fiction. It has to be bizzare and orginal or its basically worthless to me. Cause if you write what someone else wrote then whats the point of writing at all? My gramar blows big donke.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..