The Story of Freak Show

The Story of Freak Show

A Chapter by jessednorman

4

Later that afternoon the three teenagers made it up to Mr. Paulsen’s house. “Mr Paulsen, are you here”? Monica and Lisa looked around for him and Chris looked around to. “Maybe this is the wrong address maybe this isn’t his house”. Watching from the distance was Freak Show. “Go my friend and don’t fail me or the consequences will be dire”. The kids looked around the house and then someone suggested that they split up. “Me and Chris will go take the back Monica you take the front”. The kids didn’t notice the tall man on stilts above them and they kept walking around the yard. “I don’t see him and the doors are locked maybe he’s not here or maybe-” then there was a scream coming from the front of the house. “Oh my god! Oh my god! What is that”? There they had discovered the corpse of Mr. Paulsen. “When did this happen”? “I don’t know but I’m out of here”. “Monica wait I’m sorry I-” then she noticed something strange. “I don’t remember there being beams on this house”. Then the Tall Man came down of his stilts and then chased after the kids. They screamed as he chased after them. They all ran into the woods when a passing car came by. Luckily in the car was Detective Simmons, “What’s going on here? What are you kids doing over here”? The kids looked at each other and said “Thank god you’re here, Mr. Paulsen is dead we found his body, or what’s left of it”. “Where did you find it”? “It was right here”, said the girls. There was the remains of the body. “I want a Coroner out here immediately he said on his radio, and as for you children you need to go home now and let me take care of this”. “You idiot! You incompetent moron! How could you let three teenagers escape? What happened did your stilts get caught on something or are you to stupid to see where they went”?! Freak Show went on a rampage for the failure of one of his minions. “Sir, I’m sorry I tried but they are way to clever”. “Not clever enough if I can’t get them out of my way before Halloween arrives then I failed”. “Sir we’ll get them soon, they’ll come back to look for more clues of what happened to the their friend”. Freak Show laughed then signaled to his minion to come to him. “My dear tall man you are clever”, he dug his silver finger into the tall mans skull and blood came out, “But you are not clever enough”. He licked the blood off his fingers and then turned to the shadowy figure. “If I can’t get those kids to come to me, then I’ll have to come to those kids”.

Later that night Lisa could’t sleep and she tossed and turned and had a dream about Erica calling out to her. “Lisa, Lisa help me. Lisa, Lisa save me”. “Erica” she called out in her dream. “I’m over here came a low hissing voice”. Lisa turned around and there was Freak Show standing right behind her. “Hello Lisa”, said Freak Show. Lisa was wondering how he came into her dream. “I’m here to tell you that if you ever want to see your friend alive you and your other friends must meet me on the carnival grounds before midnight on Halloween and I’ll let her go, but if you bring that nosy detective with you then the girl dies”. Lisa suddenly woke up from her dream and Monica was standing over her. “Lisa are you alright”? “I’m fine we need to figure out what Freak Show is up to and I know the person who can help us”. Earlier that morning Lisa, Monica, and Chris all walked over to Miss. Reynolds the town’s librarian who knew a lot about the town’s history. “Come on in children, I’ll tell you all you need to know”. The kids sat down on the couch as Miss Reynolds offered them refreshments. “I’m sorry to bug you like this, but we need help with finding Erica”. She sat and smiled; “Oh it’s perfectly alright I mean the library is closed today anyways because the town’s freaked out because of the whole situation happening here”. “Miss Reynolds, what can you tell us about Freak Show”? All three looked at her as she began to tell her story. “ Well, if you believe in such things like everyone else here does than you know that normally this town does not like to talk about the past. As for me I love telling this story to people who don’t know what there up against. Freak Show was called the town’s “Boogeyman” because he claimed he knew what everyone was afraid of. One night a man by the name of Abraham Williams made a mistake and came to him for his fortune. Freak Show laid three tarot cards down on the table as he does for all his clients who come to him. One card had a Grimm looking face on it, the second one had a picture of the devil on it and the third had a picture of death on it. The card with the face on it came alive and attacked poor Abraham. Freak Show laughed as Abraham fled the tent. All he could see was evil looking apparitions staring at him and taunting him. When Abraham got home he could’t take it anymore he felt as if something was coming after him so he fell onto his kitchen floor and started foaming out of the mouth. His hair turned completely white and so did his eyes. The coroners believed he was scared to death because they brought out a card with an evil looking face on it”. “Miss Reynolds, do you actually believe this story to be true”, asked Chris. “There’s more to the story, the evil face is his calling card for his victims. When the towns people saw this they went to the carnival grounds and burned it to the ground. It was said that Freak Show sold his soul to Lucifer to become a Boogeyman in the form of an evil ringleader with the powers to kill people with their fears and summon minions to do his bidding for he can never leave the carnival grounds. The devil granted him his wish and every year around Halloween he comes back for revenge. Then every Halloween his final act is to kill his entire audience and bring their souls for eternal freedom”. “How do we stop him”, asked Lisa. “You can’t really kill him if hel’s immortal, but he must be stopped before Halloween is over. If he kills those innocent people then he’ll live forever, but if he is stopped before Halloween is over then He’ll go back for another 13 years”.



© 2012 jessednorman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 11, 2012


Author

jessednorman
jessednorman

Fayetteville, GA



About
I write horror stories and dark poetry. more..

Writing
The Big Top The Big Top

A Chapter by jessednorman