Dreamscape

Dreamscape

A Story by Nannon
"

A recurring nightmare about a girl's mother. A bit surreal, but what can you expect?

"

     "Half underwater,
      
      I'm half my mother's daughter,
      
      A fraction's left up to dispute."

      
      "Your beauty is only skin deep, darling." I watched as Mother filed her nails with determined precision, a scowl etched across her porcelain features. "It's rare to meet someone more selfish than you. Your father was selfish, too, you know. Wanted to keep me all for himself. Heaven forbid someone else love me." She punctuated the last few words with vehemence, and for the fiftieth time I felt her claws digging into my scalp as she pushed me under the icy water. I thrashed wildly as my lungs screamed for oxygen, my desperation growing stronger as seconds flew by like hours.
      
      My resolve was slowly weakening as I let death slip in, a stark foil to my dear mother's relentless actions. The world grew warm and dark as light left me, my mother's last words to me still playing in my head.
      
      "I love you, darling."

© 2008 Nannon


Author's Note

Nannon
Another one prompted, this time by CandleDance of http://candledance.deviantart.com. Lyrics are from a Dresden Dolls song, I think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A bit disturbing also. You paint a vivid picture of a surreal event even if it is only in a dream.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thats flippin weird man! That reminds me of emo Mommy Dearest or something. And the fact that she is all for perfection and the whole perfect mother thing makes you want to slap her even more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this one reminds me of the book "A Child Called It" and by the way that is a very good, sad story, good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008
Last Updated on December 30, 2008

Author

Nannon
Nannon

Murfreesboro, TN



About
Nan spends most of her time with her face glued to her computer, and is allergic to telephones when not speaking to her dad or bff Jill. She lives on the outskirts of what was once the capital of Tenn.. more..

Writing
021. Friends 021. Friends

A Story by Nannon