021. Friends

021. Friends

A Story by Nannon
"

Resisting the urge to put lyrics in here. Two friends get into a fight and it ends badly for both of them.

"

  "Marie, wait." I grab her wrist in the hallway, delaying her hourly hair check. She glares.
      
      "Let go of me," she hisses icily. She tries to yanks away, but fails. I may be a wuss, but I still have the advantage.
      
      "Marie, c'mon!" I plead, praying for results, "You haven't said a word to me in days. We're still friends, right?" She's been mad at me before, but this is ridiculous. Why the hell would she be so damn upset that I kissed some stupid guy?
      
      "Just stop it and leave me alone, Elan! I'm sick and tired of your stupid little attitude." Around us, kids push to class, but we're the only ones in the whole wide world.
      
      "My attitude?" It's my turn to be angry. "You're the one who's been all bitchy and clingy since the start of the year!" She shoots me a look like she wants me dead,
      
      "You're the one who's been f*****g ignoring me!" I stare in shock. Marie's never sworn before. Ever. Like, I've known her all my life and never a dirty word has passed her lips. I guess my grip lessens, because she pulls away. "Yeah, maybe we were friends, Elan. Best friends. But I'm done. You might not have noticed it- of course you wouldn't, you're too wrapped up in your own little world- but you treat me like s**t. You're arrogant, and self-centered, and sometimes I think you barely even consider how your actions might affect other people." She sighed. "Look, I don't want to talk to you, alright? Stop talking to me, stop sending me emails, stop calling me. Pretend I never existed. Shouldn't be too hard. You've been doing it for several months now." And then she takes off, light brown hair lost in the crowd.
      
      After the fifth person pushes past me, I leave, heading for fourth period. About halfway there I realize hot tears are streaming down my face, but I end up booking it anyway. I don't want to have to explain why I was late. 'Sorry, Coach Sanders. I was crying in the bathroom.' Yeah, no.
      
      I barely have time to wipe my eyes and step over the threshold before the bell rings. I make my sorry way to my seat where I proceed to hide under the impenetrable fortress that is my arms. I mumble something that might hopefully sound like, "Leave me alone."

© 2008 Nannon


Author's Note

Nannon
Sorry, random emo things. I wrote this during my present tense phase. Also, I enjoy writing from a dude's pov.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on December 30, 2008

Author

Nannon
Nannon

Murfreesboro, TN



About
Nan spends most of her time with her face glued to her computer, and is allergic to telephones when not speaking to her dad or bff Jill. She lives on the outskirts of what was once the capital of Tenn.. more..

Writing
Dreamscape Dreamscape

A Story by Nannon