Inspiration

Inspiration

A Story by the green apple
"

A short story devised from spontaneous creativity for review. Hope you like it!

"
I read this story, not long ago, that had a tragic twist to it. 
It was about ageing and the inevitable journey that we, 
as humans, are forced to take. I felt confused the first 
time I read it. I was naive with my youth. A few years passed
by and I read it again, this time with a professional curiosity.
The writing was beautiful, filled with emotion. Why can't mine
be like that? The clock ticked by and I again found this story.
Envious, I degraded the piece and carried on with my life.
As I aged, I found comfort in the silence. The silence of reading.
My pitiful anger remained laying dormant in my chest. I really
thought I was over this. Now my skin has tensed, I am entering a
new chapter in my life. Seeking answers of forgiveness. I searched
for the story, and with luck, I found it. I called to my wife and felt hiccups in my heart. I am getting oldI sat in my favourite chair and smiled softly. Ignoring my ignorance from early life, I allowed myself to view it in untainted eyes. My writing career is now over. Time has all but disappeared. Where is my love? I am alone. This life I've lived has been my own lie. A delusion.
As I try to read the story, I see the pages are blank. Where are the words? My memory is gone. Why did I blink? So many questions I will leave unanswered. All of a sudden, it became clear. I had spent all of this time being envious, of something I already achieved. I had lived my life, loved, and been unconscious about my victories the entire time. My body, so fragile, struggles to turn the page. I cannot lift my arms. I am left with a nagging question: Was there really any words? Or, was this paper the canvas of my life? I heave my arm up, with all of my strength, and grasp a nearby pen.
Will my story end unfinished? I need to write. The pen slips from my wrinkle infested fingers and drops to the floor. I suppose it's time for a nap. My wife will be in soon. I nod off for a second and all turns dark. My wife returns home and finds me sleeping. She sees papers on my desk. Her old helpless smile comforts the room. She puts a blanket over me and picks up the manuscript.
There are no words, except for the title. The chapters of my life - by Greed and Envious.

© 2015 the green apple


Author's Note

the green apple
I'm not really sure what this is. All I know is that it is a reflection on life and the debate is open to you, the reviewers. I suppose to add meaning to this story, you can search your whole life trying to replicate a story or you can learn to love your own. I hope you enjoyed it, comment and share your opinions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015

Author

the green apple
the green apple

Canada



About
I like to think of myself as a story-teller. I know I have some talents in creating the actual story, but I sometimes wonder if people will like my finished work. I've always loved stories since I was.. more..

Writing