A Simple Observation

A Simple Observation

A Story by the green apple
"

Okay, so I wrote this for English back in high school. Guilty. I think it totally captures the thoughts of someone with OCD. Hope you enjoy!

"

You’re in the bathroom, washing your hands, when you notice a leaf in the corner of your eye. The leaf is old, worn, and depreciated with time. Your original thought is to pick up the leaf; upon further thought, you think of the filth and dirt that remains on its surface. From the thought of filth comes the thought of the movers. Not that they are filthy themselves; the movers however, have an aptitude to trudge into the bathroom and bring with them the mess from outside. Animals free of contrite. You think about removing the leaf, then you think about your bare feet; what about all of the dirt now contracted upon them? You should have been wearing socks; don’t worry, we have all had these days. From the thought of socks; you can go to visualize your room. A spirit walk, if you would call it so. You can see your dishevelled socks spread all over the floor; now you’ll have to go upstairs and put them into the laundry basket. You picture yourself going to do this, a simply tedious task, and then think of the laundry basket you’ll have to drag downstairs. Now you see yourself struggling to emanate movement of the heavy, sock filled, compartment and watch as it slips your grip to explode down the stairs. Yes, it’s this kind of day. Now you chase after it, your hope is in the blues, you realize you’re thirsty; oh boy, here we go. You go to the fridge, ignoring the laundry, and pick out a drink. The drink, of course, causes you to dirty a glass. You go to wash the glass; the glass breaks. You struggle to properly clean it up, trying deftly to not cut yourself on it, as you decide to act flippantly and toss it into the garbage (clashing with your garbage person’s rules and regulations). Tisk. You sigh as you encroach into the living room; how does a television show sound? You flick on the television to your favourite show; a wave of relaxation settles over your now worn body. Somehow you wish you were still back washing your hands; this false reality has become an imaginative reality in which you cannot escape. The television turns off and your phone lights up; what’s that? Your favourite show was cancelled? You become inarticulate, silent, and devoid of comfort. At this point, you kind of want to cry, you are inscrutable to any outsider looking in. Picturing life as a dog seems so much simpler. Speaking of the dog, think of all the mess he’ll drag in from outside. Your blood vessel begins to pop and you snap back into reality. The water is still running from the sink; your hands have now air dried. Maybe everything isn't so bad today; maybe you just need to tend to be more obsequiously in the future. Contradictorily, you allow yourself a relaxed smile and turn off the water. Finally a moments peace; then you notice the leaf again. The leaf is old, worn, and depreciated with time. Your implacable body starts to quake as you drop to the floor and start scrubbing it attentively. 

© 2015 the green apple


Author's Note

the green apple
Love it. OCD doesn't always have to be a bad thing! This is no-joke the way I think on a day to day basis.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015

Author

the green apple
the green apple

Canada



About
I like to think of myself as a story-teller. I know I have some talents in creating the actual story, but I sometimes wonder if people will like my finished work. I've always loved stories since I was.. more..

Writing