Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Solis-Lopez
"

two people and they're trying to get even more people out

"

   Yuki could hear the explosions behind her. The entire facility could go up in flames if her friend kept this up.
   Man she had better not get herself hurt too badly. she thought. Naru you had better come out of this place alive and with the rest of us...wait where am I? What am I doing?
   She turned her head up and realized there was a little bit of blood on the floor. It was her own, she'd landed hard on her head and shoulders. Naru was in the farthest hallway behind her and still fighting.
   I need to get up...now. Get these people out of here. She wobbled onto her feet, leaning against the wall. Instantly white stars lit up her vision and she groaned angrily at herself. Ok, next time, I need to seriously reconsider how far to jump.
   She put her hand on the door and found the hinges with her mind on the other side of the door. With a heave she blasted them off and pulled the door into the hallway. It fell with a ridiculously loud thud and the explosions from Naru and five guards stopped.
   Oh finally, Yuki thought, smiling to herself, still dizzy. Freed prisoner number one.
   A foot set through the hallway and the explosions increased down the hallways to something even louder than Yuki thought was possible. The person that set their two feet outside the door was her friend, Experiment #12, Shinji. He was tentative, his dog's tail shivering and dog's ears down on his head. His frightened blue eyes looked at Yuki leaning on the wall and suddenly turned to an understanding.
   "Need some help?" Shinji asked, smiling.
   Yuki nodded, shaking off the pounding head injury. "Yeah, I would like it at any rate."
   He smiled even wider and ran to the door across from his quarters and pounded it right off the hinges. Experiment # 13, Yumi, came out, her eyes darting around.
   "It's time?" she asked, her cat tail wagging hopefully.
   "Yeah," Yuki said, pointing to the rest of the hallway. "Let's get these people out and to a better home then."
   Yumi nodded and the three of them set to opening every door in the hallway.



© 2011 Solis-Lopez


Author's Note

Solis-Lopez
please excuse the grammar x.x; been a while since i was writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on July 21, 2009
Last Updated on February 27, 2011


Author

Solis-Lopez
Solis-Lopez

Houston, TX



About
Well it looks like I'm in college, writing and drawing in my spare time. I'm not much of a writer but it gets me going and I like to just sprawl ideas out wherever I am. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Solis-Lopez