Life...How It Seems So Simple...But We Know It Isn't

Life...How It Seems So Simple...But We Know It Isn't

A Story by Da Lizzy
"

Just your avarage first story

"

 

 

 

 

I was running. She was going to kill me. Or at least try to again. But, this time I might actually die. Still, HOW many times do I have to tell her that I CAN’T buy her beer and stuff, I’m only sixteen!! I got home and she started to yell at me. Then she slapped me. Her rings cut me across my face. I was bleeding as always when I got home. Quietly, I cried so she wouldn’t hear me.

 

            This always happened, ever since Dad died. She acted, like he didn’t matter. She did several guys a night. Stupid, drunken mom. All she ever did was beat me because she said that it was my entire fault that Dad got murdered. That’s what she thought. She never has liked me. She always wanted a daughter that obeyed everything that she said. All because Dad got shot. We were a perfect family but, then Dad was gone, and out of the picture. No one knows how but he left a letter to me as if he knew he was going to die. The letter was to me not my ‘mom’, but she stole it after I read it. She told me that it was to her and that he just wrote my name on it to make me feel loved. Even though it had my name all over in it, telling me that he loves me, will miss me, won’t forget me, and to never, ever try to kill myself. Who knows if I’ll get shot or something, who knows.

 

            When ‘mom’ was done giving me my ‘deserved’ beating, I crawled my way to my room and then my bathroom. My Dad made my bathroom for me. It was all white with red and black specks everywhere. I loved it. It brought back memories, and I started to cry. I carefully shedded my clothing and took a shower. I cleansed my wounds and started to think. Why does life always seem to hate me? Why doesn’t ‘mom’ seem to love me like she used to and thinks that I’m never going to be good enough? Oh well.

 

When I got out I didn’t bother bandaging my wounds I knew I’d get more soon. Probably tomorrow, after school. Who knows? Sigh. I went to bed awaiting the next day with excitement.

 

            Beep beep beep be-

 

I awoke and smashed my alarm. Whoops. I took a quick shower and started my long walk to school. I arrived and went to my locker. There was a paper hanging out of it. I grabbed it and read it. It said:

 

“Stay away from my boyfriend, you thief. Don’t go around stealing other girl’s guys just because your father didn’t love you. He got shot because you are one of the most WORTHELESS piece of crap, EVER!! You should stop wasting space and go kill your self. You mom doesn’t even love you, let alone like you. JUST DIE!!!!!”

Love (NOT),

Stacy the head cheerleader who ACCTUALLY has people who LOVES her.”

 

            Stealing her boyfriend? When did I try that? Oh yeah now I remember. HE HE. Good times, good times. I crumpled the paper and pulled my matches out of my pocket. I lit one and the paper on fire. Once lit I dropped it on the floor. Then I yelled out so the whole school could hear me, “I HOPE THAT YOU DIE, STACY!!!!”

            Then I ran. I went into the forest and ran as fast as I could. I go to a meadow and sat on a stump on the edge of the forest. I pulled out my switchblade and pressed it on my wrist. I pressed harder and harder until I saw droplets of blood seeping out. I slid it across and made another cut just a little, tiny space away from the first one. I kept making slices and cuts like it all the way up my arm. My vision started to have blotches all across it. I kept blinking trying to get them away. The last thing I saw was a guy standing over me. His mouth was moving but I couldn’t hear anything. After I whispered help to the boy, my last thought was ‘I am so truly sorry, Daddy.’

 

            I awoke to what I thought was the next day. As I looked around I saw the same boy who apparently saved me. He looked like he was crying. I started to make noises and he looked at me. He rushed over and started to ask me many questions on how I felt and such. I put my finger to his lips to stop him. Then I asked, “Who are you?”

            “I’m Ash Simons.”

            “I’m Jade Cobalt Peter.”

            “Well, Jade, why were you out there in the meadow cutting?”

            “Do you want the long or short version?”

            “Long, I have time.”
            “Ok then. My life never was perfect. When I was little and my dad wasn’t around, my so called ‘mother’ beat down my self esteem and confidence. My dad was always around to protect me and then he was gone. As I picture it life has taken its toll on me and I broke. My mom turned into a druggie and alcohol consumer and lives to beat the crap out of me because of my Father’s death. Who knows how but he left me a letter and was shot the same night. I had a paper put into my locker door and took its advice on how I should stop wasting space and die. Guess it didn’t work out too well,” I finished with tears.

“Jade never do it again ok?” Ash said as he hugged me.

“Sure, Ash. But why did you rescue me?”

“Because I felt like it,” he said looking away from me.

“Ok, Thanks.”

“I gotta go,” he replied as he left. I had a strange feeling that I hadn’t seen the last of him. Suddenly, my ‘mom’ walked in. She was…smiling? She probably has bad, very bad, news for me. Then she spoke, “You’re going to get married!!”

“Yay!” I yelled sarcastically.

“I know you get out of the hospital today and you pack your bags and you leave to their house!!”

“And I bet you packed my bags?”

“I did!! There right in here.”

“Bye, my retard of a mother.”

“Bye!!” she yelled at me and left. I’m pretty sure that life hates me, now. Sigh. The doctor came in and told me I could go. He removed the needles and I hopped off the bed. I walked out while grabbing my bags. As I was about to walk out the doors of the hospital a couple came up to me. The man grabbed my bags and walked out. I unfortunately followed. They drove me home and called their boys down. They came down and I noticed one was Ash. He waved at me and I smiled. The woman spoke, “Ash, River, this is Jade. River, she is your fiancée. No buts! You guys get married in a couple months.”

I just sighed and River decided to put up a fuss.

            “Mom I don’t even know her!”

            “That is why the wedding is in a few months.”

            “I have a girlfriend!!”

            “Break up with her.”

            “But Sarah is way much better than this worthless piece of crap!!!”

            I couldn’t take it any more. I ran. It felt good to run away from my problems. I had tears that were blurring my vision. I couldn’t see well and I started to climb the tree in front of me. I pulled my neon orange I-pod out of my pocket, one of the last things my Father bought for me. I started to listen to Nobody’s Home by Avril Lavigne. I sang along to all of the songs on her track, Under My Skin. Then I moved to Kelly Clarkson’s track Breakaway. It was then I noticed that the sun was gone and people were calling for me.

            I slowly got down from my tree. I walked back to the house with my tunes put away. When I got back in Mrs. Simons almost hugged me to death. She dragged me to where I’d be sleeping. The room had stuff all over and I spotted my bags. I went over and got my pajamas. I went into the bathroom and changed. Then I snuggled into the bed.

             I woke up earlier than usual and felt arms wrapped around me. I looked over and saw River. He looked so peaceful. I tried to get his arms off me and failed. I turned over and yelled, “RIVER!!”

            “Huh, wha?” he said drowsily.

            “Let go,” I told him sternly.

            “Why are you in my bed?!” he yelled and apparently Mrs. Simons heard. She came through the door.

            “Since you two are to be married, you guys will sleep in the same bed so then you’re used to it.”

            “MOM!” River complained.

            “River!” she copied and I started to laugh. River turned and gave me an angered look. That just made me laugh harder. He turned back to his mom and gave her a begging look.

She sighed and left the room. He turned to me and yelled at me.

            “Why are you even here?!?”

I lightly shrugged my shoulders and looked down.

            “Go back to where you belong!! Stop wasting space here and leave! We don’t want you here! Go get on it, SHOO!!”

            I whimpered and ran. I got to a room and ran under the bed like a frightened kitten. Somebody poked their head down. It was Ash. I closed my eyes hoping he wouldn’t notice me, but he saw me run in so it was a given. He motioned me to come out and my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered it.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey daughter, there something I want to tell you.”

            “What,” I hissed.

            “It pertains to you father,” she spoke slowly.

            “Answer me already!!”

            “I killed him and then sent you away!”

            “You will die at my hands and you won’t expect it,” I said venomously.

            “Bye!”

            I growled and screamed in rage. I got out and grabbed a notebook, then ran, again. I got outdoors and went into the forest. I picked through trees until I found one that was perfect and I climbed it. I sat down and pulled my pen that I always carry with me out and opened the notebook. I found a blank page and wrote. I wrote solely about my plot to kill my ‘mom’. I kept writing until I thought my plan was fool-proof. I jumped down and started my plan.

Couple Months Later

            The marriage was today and my plan was going smoothly. I checked and made sure everything was in place. Then the wedding came. I was all dressed up and ready to go. I walked down the aisle all by my self. River wasn’t happy at all, and Ash looked like he wanted to take me away. Good. I smirked to myself and went to where I was supposed to go. I glared at my ‘mom’, who was in perfect range. As the minster was going through stuff I took the time to take the knife out of my bouquet and got it ready. When the minster paused I took the few seconds I had and threw the knife directly at ‘Mom’s’ heart. I heard a gasp and looked over. She was grabbing the knife, withering in pain on the floor.

            “THAT’S what you get for KILLING DAD!!”

            I yelled at her and ran. I ripped the skirt of the dress off and looked at my outfit. I probably looked hilarious. I mean I had skinny jeans on and a wedding dress’s corset top. Who wouldn’t look funny? I heard footsteps following me and I turned. And guess who it was? Ash. I slowed my run down for him to catch up. He picked me up and put me in a car. I gave him a questioning look and he hotwired the car. I smiled then shrugged. We drove off and life was good, for now.

© 2010 Da Lizzy


Author's Note

Da Lizzy
please ignore all of the mistakes, i wrote this a little bit ago

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lol...this was pretty entertaining...I love your sense of humor, sometimes dark but funny nonetheless. There are some grammatical errors but I am no professional with that stuff. What I can say though is that your story took me for a ride...seeming fictional at some ends and very realistic at other points. I definitely recommend that you keep writing to get better, you're pretty good! ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

brava! :) that was crazy good :) i look forward to more

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol...this was pretty entertaining...I love your sense of humor, sometimes dark but funny nonetheless. There are some grammatical errors but I am no professional with that stuff. What I can say though is that your story took me for a ride...seeming fictional at some ends and very realistic at other points. I definitely recommend that you keep writing to get better, you're pretty good! ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010

Author

Da Lizzy
Da Lizzy

MI



About
Hey, I'm just a young writer trying to see if being an author might acctually be worthwhile...Um yeah let's just go with that. more..