The Beginning Is More Important Than the End

The Beginning Is More Important Than the End

A Story by TheMadnessWithin
"

People in this day and time need to respect the innocence and fragility of those younger years. They must realize that in order to protect and preserve future generations, they must allow them to grow

"
     Its that moment in your life, when you finally see with your own eyes for the first time. Its like wearing sunglasses for the first ten years of your life and then having someone come in and rip them off. For once, you can see things for what they really are.
     I can't really pin point my exact age but it did happen for me as I can imagine it happens with all kids. Eventually somethings just clicks and you grow up.
     Its different for everyone. Sometimes its your first time out without your parents or getting your license. Maybe even just having a job and making money. For me it was realizing for the first time that my parents were never meant to be.
    As a little girl like most of my kind I grew up on the disney princess stories. That somewhere out there, theres that special someone that your just meant to be with. And that once you meet them its 'and they lived happily ever after'.
    For the first time I realized that 'happily ever after' was a myth. There was no such thing, at least not to me. It was so incredibly hard to accept the fact that two people could marry each other, and then once things got tough totally turn on one another. I just couldn't comprehend that it was possible that I could be born from two people who were never meant to be.
    But once it clicked it was like everything Id ever known and held to be true and viable was no longer of any importance. Everything I thought I knew was a lie. Like all kids Id grown up in a happy care free world but all to soon I was jerked from that safe haven. I was ripped from it and placed into the cold harsh reality of the world we live in.     
    It took some getting used to. Its never easy to hang out with your friends who still got to live in the world until they were ready to leave it. Its never easy to be with them and realize that their parents are perfect together. Its never easy to be afraid to invite your friends over, because your afraid your parents will start fighting in front of them.
    All I can say is, if I ever have kids I swear I will never do to them what my parents did to me. I will never rip them from their childhood, or rob them of the richness of their lives as children. One thing people fail to realize is how precious your childhood is. How just those few years at the beginning of your life, shape who you are going to be for the rest of your life.  
   People in this day and time need to respect the innocence and fragility of those younger years. They must realize that in order to protect and preserve future generations, they must allow them to grow and mature at their own rate, and allow them to see two strong people working together to keep everyone united.

© 2013 TheMadnessWithin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the story. A well constructed, well written one....But, I guess, your style of posting must have a more liberal frame. Do not hesitate to press the enter key when needed.....Anyways, good write

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMadnessWithin

10 Years Ago

thank u ill do that:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 2, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013
Tags: life pain fighting hurt depressi

Author

TheMadnessWithin
TheMadnessWithin

New York City, NY



About
I’m not much of a talker in real life. I’d be the one sitting in the corner reading a book. I prefer to keep to myself and only write when I feel the need to get something off my mind. If .. more..

Writing