An open letter to my former crush

An open letter to my former crush

A Story by Ellen C

To be completely honest when i first met you i felt nothing. You were a boy, of whom, I had heard little. An occasional mention here, a passerby there. If i had told myself how i would feel about you a year ago, I wouldn't believe it myself. You were the jock, more popular than me so therefore, I had to reason to notice you, no reason to think about you, no reason to care, neither did you. You still don’t. The week I truly met you was wonderful and not really because of you, but kind of. Weeks later I admit I like you. I thought you liked me, but you treat all the girls this way, I am not special. Through summer, I listen to breakup songs and cry to love poems because I feel everything way too deeply. My emotions take over and you are not “you” anymore. You are the boy I like, and therefore, perfect. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
    I knew the end was in sight when I began deluding myself into thinking you liked me. Endgame is the most confusing part of anything. My head knew it had to be over. My heart wouldn't let go. I binged on those dumb youtube videos titled “does he like me?” and “signs the guy you like likes you back!” Oh yeah, and I believed them. But when I found out how i act around you. How I'm not myself. How I say I don't like the things I love and I don't even realize it. How I act like a middle school girl. That’s not your fault, but it's also not allowed. Coupled with your other flaws (ones I was beyond willing to overlook) I realize how stupid I was. And now that my one-sided love affair has ended, I only have one things to say, and I mean it in the nicest way possible. Please, F**k off.
                    Sincerely,
                    A 16 year-old middle school girl

© 2015 Ellen C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story evokes so much emotion in me, it really takes me back to the many one-sided crushes I've suffered through over the years! If it's any consolation, you'll probably bump into him in about twenty years time, and he'll be a fat, bald, loud-mouth, and you'll wonder what you ever saw in him. You'll realise then what a lucky escape you had! Thanks for sharing this!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ellen C

8 Years Ago

I hope you're right. thanks for reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2015
Last Updated on August 7, 2015
Tags: crush, recovery

Author

Ellen C
Ellen C

Ayden, NC



About
I am a 16 year-old girl with a passion for a written word. I would like to share some of my mind with anyone who will listen. Follow me at: tumblr:thepapercup.tumblr.com instagram:ellenrenee13 more..

Writing
Never Alone Never Alone

A Poem by Ellen C