when I became the nightmare

when I became the nightmare

A Poem by E. Solórzano
"

a dream I had a couple days ago

"
I dreamt i devoured a monster, an entity i could not recognize. all black and no face just teeth 'cause i felt them after. you attacked me first and i became something else, something that I was even afraid of. the unknown. i bit your nape first, feeeling your blood running down my chin, your bones cracking between my teeth and the taste of iron and something else in my tongue. you attacked again, bit my leg and my waist, scratched my arms and i felt nothing but more rage and fear. i bite harder, the sound of crushing bones making me sick but not letting go. i rip your flesh and hold you beneath me, scared of making my hold loose for a second 'cause you could have teared me in half if i stuttered slightly. I remember waking up but not waking up constantly, being surrounded by darkness and no sight of you. was I free? i couldn't tell. I can't tell. I woke up to the taste of iron.

© 2022 E. Solórzano


Author's Note

E. Solórzano
the use of lower caps is intentional.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are creatures, entities and beings that visit and attack people at night. Like Shadow people, mares, alien abductors and Djinn. Are you sure it was a dream?


Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2022
Last Updated on September 27, 2022
Tags: poem, poetry, poema, poesía, experimental

Author

E. Solórzano
E. Solórzano

Mexico



About
Young and Mexican. I write poetry and stories in both English and Spanish. more..

Writing