Now

Now

A Poem by theunionisloud

I'm not meant for much.
i feel a lot
for life
Dancing around bursts of 
Energy
Fire.
And throw myself into it willingly.

But I know that now is my time
To love.
to love and hate,
But to Love.  
I'll surrender eventually
But for now, I must go on
As your silent presence distracts
Say something or shut up.
I cannot write a story when I know that everything I feel is already out there!


Because as soon as 
I meet you,

Just forget it.

This artistic routine is a deliciously
Convincing Substitute
I'm meant to love you. 
I don't even know you and I'm already nothing without you.
Still
nothing without you. 
I'm meant to love you. 

© 2011 theunionisloud


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, like it alot actually. The "I cannot write a story when..." line is my favorite......who hasn't felt that?.....good stuff!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really well written. It has a realistic, almost obsessive-like quality about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very nice piece!! you choose words carefully giving it a very phonetic feel - "the artistic routine is a deliciously convincing substitute" - just begs to be read aloud!! also love the almost dreamy aura to the words, reminds me of someone sitting staring out the window on a rainy day jotting down thoughts of life and past and anything!! nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is sort of unfair, isn't it? The knowing and being withheld from your destiny. Waiting for the stars to align, waiting for the signs, waiting for the right damn moment to say how you feel and risk losing all. Life is such a complicated uncontrollable mess. Love being the dirtiest part, the closet stuffed full for years. Is it even worth it to try sorting through pile of past loves-and-losts, the broken pieces you didn't want to throw out, but weren't sure how to fix?

I love the layout of this. I love the word choices. I love the emotion. You've nailed it. And nailing "life" is pretty hard to do. You'll get what you're meant for, but in the meantime, keep up this "convincing substitute", because I AM convinced you are going to be great at formulating the emotions that myself and countless others have been trying to communicate for years.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2011
Last Updated on February 8, 2011