What was once a seed

What was once a seed

A Poem by featherstoflight

What was once a seed

The roots are embedded in the dirt I’ve made and the tree has grown into the land I claimed.


My hands are heavy and cemented with doubt and this tree I may never dig out.


I have gnawed at the trunk with my teeth but the tree has not released. Even if I cut this down the roots will stay inside my ground.


I’ve begged the sun to burn it and he laughs at me. All the f*****g sparks I made never turn into flames.


I’ve cursed at the dirt and blamed it’s willingness to grow this tree; all the mocking returns to me.


Well its appears, this tree will always be here. With all I can, I stand in awe of its mighty life and take pride in the strength I’ve made.


So, I lean in for a kiss and splinters prick my lips. If anyone happens to read the story of my seed. Would you please tell me how to get rid of this damn tree?

© 2013 featherstoflight


Author's Note

featherstoflight
Any review is greatly desired! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a good one...yeah it is...it's your new way to write, and i liked this one. when i saw this, i thought "phewwwww", what's that...?
but, believe me, when i did start to read, i was shocked, what the thing you are pretty one...i liked this much, your words are powerful and workin' alike a "TNT EXPLOSION"...lol and rippin' my heart...lol, well, it's really a nice poem, and nice write, words in each line are dominant to feel..to analyse. It's again an another great poem and i did love much. I think you got me again pretty. I't's a nice flow as i saw her by you in your words..in your write.
well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: love, nature, sad

Author

featherstoflight
featherstoflight

Chicago, IL



About
To the point. I love when something is straight to the point and it has the impact of a thousand words. http://yomandy.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing