It Wasn't Worth it...

It Wasn't Worth it...

A Story by Naomi
"

A story about a family, torn apart by one little confession.

"

Please No CSS

So, there was this girl.

This average, teenage girl.

Nothing special, right? Right. Or rather… that’s what I’ve been trying to tell myself. I mean, ever since I went back to school, everyone’s been looking at me funny; like I was diseased. None of my old friends will talk to me and worst of all—neither will the teachers. I mean, aren’t they suppose to be professional? I thought it didn’t really matter what everyone else did? Or who they date, or what they do? But, I guess I was wrong. Again. Just like when I thought I was just your average, teenage girl.

It all started when my brother came out of the closet… On my birthday. My 14th birthday in fact. I mean, what kind of brother does that? Who is their right minds would steal someone’s special moment just for themselves? Wait, I should rephrase.

What kind of brother steals his sister’s moment just for himself? I can’t even think of one name that could fit into that category besides my brother’s name.

Ugh. I can’t even think of his name without even cringing. Brian. It should be a crime to name my brother that; he deserves no name. He deserves nothing but the dirt under his shoes. But, I digress. I still love my brother—with all my heart. I think it was so brave of him to come out in front of everybody, boldly looking into everyone’s eyes. But, just the way he did it and the timing…

Oh well. What’s done is done, right? I mean, it wouldn’t be so bad if people just accepted that he was different. His boyfriend at the time had chickened out, breaking up with him right afterwards, saying it was just a joke and tried to laugh it off. It didn’t work. The entire town looks at them like they’re demons, repulsive and disgusting to look at. What’s worse, they shun everyone who talks to them—including me, his diseased sister. What was their crime? Being in love with each other. What was my crime? Talking and hanging out with my brother. It wasn’t even worth it! My mom cried, saying it was her fault, saying she didn’t pay enough attention to him. My dad went ballistic! I stood up for my brother, sure, but did that help? No. This made it worse. After my long, emotional speech, my mom put her hands in her face and went back to crying. My dad, my once loving, supportive dad, punched my brother and stormed out, screaming how he did everything for us and how we failed as his children.

I haven’t seen him since…

I give my mom credit though; she’s starting to talk to us again. By talk, I mean little things like, “Don’t forget your books” or “Can you make dinner? I’m not in the mood…” It’s gotten a little better, but still. It wasn’t worth it. Brian’s been depressed ever since his “true love” left him. Looking at his face makes me want to comfort him, hug him! Every time I see him shed a tear, I want to make him forget everything’s that happened and make everything make to the way it was. Back to normal.

Like I said, what’s done is done. Sometimes, though, just sometimes, I can here this slicing noise in his room. I ignore it, thinking it’s best for him to let it all out in whatever way he can.

There are some things you just can’t tell your family.

 

© 2008 Naomi


Author's Note

Naomi
:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on September 10, 2008

Author

Naomi
Naomi

PA



About
Let's see... Well, I'm a sophomore in High School and I can write really gruesome stories about the circus. Other than that special "talent", I'm just a regular girl writing stories about nonsense a.. more..

Writing
Emotion Poem Emotion Poem

A Poem by Naomi